Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

UGLs (8).png

Today’s user group leader spotlight is @smugabart. Keep reading to learn more about Bart and his experience with user groups!

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I am an Alteryx consultant and the co-founder of Data Pal company – an official Alteryx Partner. I started the Polish Alteryx User Group initiative two years ago along with my business partner, Emil Kos (@Emil_Kos). 

image001.jpg

I am experienced in the digitalization of the finance sector, including big data sets and very complex processes, which took up to 40 hours of manual work every month. Moreover, I have real experience in implementing scrum best practices and project management.  

Through the last few years, I had a chance to introduce the scrum best practices to my team in UBS, State Street, and AGH Racing. I facilitated hundreds of scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, sprint review, or retrospective meetings, which greatly impacted my team and teammates.

I warmly encourage you to visit my LinkedIn page - I am a regular Alteryx content creator.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know?

I am a big fan of bodybuilding. I have been training for almost 10 years now. Back in the past, when I was much bigger, I even competed in a bodybuilding contest. Currently, it is more like a passion/hobby for me.

What is your favorite Alteryx feature? 

image002.jpg

Dynamic Input - through the usage of that tool, you can automate a lot of work and reduce the operational risk of some processes.

Why did you become a user group leader (UGL)? 

I have been a big fan of Alteryx for a few years now. Together with Emil Kos, we realized that there is no dedicated place for Polish users where we could network on our favourite technology. This time we decided to set up our own community for Polish Alteryx fans. I would like to say a big thank you to Stéphanie (Vitale) Jansen-Havreng (@StephV), Program Manager of Groups & Events EMEA – APAC, and Flávia Brancato (@FláviaB), Global Program Manager, Groups & Events, for all that time and support of our UG initiative! It was a great experience to meet all Alteryx fans during Inspire EMEA in person finally!

image003.jpg

What is the easiest and the hardest part of being a UGL? 

The hardest: I believe it would be a promotion of the event – we really enjoy that as we have some Marketing soft skills as well, although we always make sure to do that in the best available way so it is probably the most time-consuming part of being a UGL.

The easiest: maybe it will be a strange answer, but I think that finding a speaker is quite an easy task to do. The Alteryx community is a great place full of many talented speakers who are always happy to present some interesting content.

What was your best experience during a UG Meeting (professional networking, personal development, career evolution, etc...)? 

First of all, professional networking is a great experience for me. I have met dozens of people from the Polish and Alteryx communities which definitely have had an impact on my career.

For instance, during last month's Polish User Group meeting, we had a chance to meet with Adam Wilson and Sean Kandel - CEO and CTO/Co-Founder of Trifacta. It's a really amazing experience to meet such great people and learn from them.

image005.jpg

Do you prefer Virtual UGs or in-person UGs? And why?

So far, we preferred more Virtual UGs as it was quite hard for us to organize in-person meetings. Although, we are planning to organize the Polish User Group meeting in Krakow or Warsaw one day!

If you were an Alteryx Tool, which one would you be?

"Image to Text" from Alteryx Intelligence Suite package - I was always amazed by that solution.

I have seen many companies that manually copy and paste PDF values from scanned documents. If I were the "Image to Text" tool, I would help all these people with this boring and risky type of work. They would love that!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments