Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Well y'all, it's that special time when we get to shout out some of the absolute rock stars we have as part of the Alteryx Community. Plenty of congratulations are due to everyone that contributes, even if they're not mentioned below, but these folks truly go above and beyond. We've even got a three way tie in one of our categories below, which I can't recall having happened in the past!

WillM_1-1615920240420.png

@apathetichell - 54 Solutions - Re: DateTimeFormat how to adjust?

@mceleavey - 48 Solutions - Re: Action Tool - Update with Formula

@Luke_C - 46 Solutions - Re: VLOOKUP a string within a cell

WillM_2-1615920291856.png

@Jean-Balteryx - 17 Threads

@anupgupta12 - 13 Threads

@suby@Joker_Hazard@BautistaC888  - 12 Threads

WillM_3-1615920414383.png

@mceleavey - 336 Replies - Re: Predictive tool : Decision tree and score

@apathetichell - 330 Replies - Re: DateTimeFormat how to adjust?

@DawnDuong - 216 Replies - Re: Split Entries in a column into multiple Columns and Give count of each in separate out

WillM_4-1615920476835.png

@mceleavey - 227 Likes

@apathetichell - 143 Likes

@Emil_Kos - 94 Likes

Next up let's take a look at the top posts and solutions, which we look at the total number of likes on them.  If you participated in these threads or gave a digital thumbs up, you're part of why they made it here. Just because someone isn't an author with the most likes doesn't mean their contributions are any less important.  After all, the content is just as important as the people writing it!

Top 3 Posts

Import only the list of Named Ranges

New Data Source:  Yellowbrick

Analytics in Sport - Predicting the Euros

Top 3 Solutions

Re: Server usage

Re: Splitting the data

Re: Text to column using the right-most delimiter

I also wanted to add some other call-outs this month as well, since I'll take any excuse to highlight our membership!

The top 3 ideas submitted in the month of June were brought to us by @patrick_digan@MarqueeCrew, and @Kenda. The idea with the most likes given in the month of June was from @neilmcg. I love seeing all of the new ideas being submitted, it's a great way for you all to make a difference in the product!

Highlight found search terms in results window

Dashing Detour in Designer

"Subject $ '{'notification.message.subject}" Needs to be More Clear

Import only the list of Named Ranges

Our most engaged user groups were Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX, Atlanta, GA, and Washington, DC. It's so great to see these groups engaging in the community, and if you haven't had the time to join or attend a user group yet, what's holding you back?  They're a fantastic way to learn, network, and grow your expertise with others in your area!

Finally, I want to give some major shoutouts to @lepome@joshuaburkhow, and @apathetichell.  All three of these folks received the "savant" community badge in June.  This one's a big one, because it means they have each achieved 1,000 community posts!  One. Thousand. Posts.  That's a huge achievement to make in any community, and in one like ours, it means that they are truly going above and beyond to help their fellow Alteryx users.

Congratulations to all of you mentioned in the blog.  Keep doing what you're doing and making our community a welcoming place where people can learn, grow, and just have an all around good time as well. There are a lot of places on the internet to interact with people, and ours is one of the most vibrant because of YOU!  See you again in a month for even more recognition!

Will Machin
Community Manager

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What fun metrics! Thanks for sharing @WillM 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @WillM,

great post. Not sure if this is only my opinion but those community highlights are getting better and better!

I really like the idea of giving a shout out to the top ideas!

Congratulate to all contributors that are making this community awesome! 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thanks 🙂

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks @WillM  for this cool highlight.