Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Let's get straight to it, shall we?  It's the time when we let all of the community know just how much we appreciate them; and even though we do it every month, that doesn't mean that there's any less reason to celebrate the people that rise to the top of the leader boards with some shout outs!

WillM_1-1615920240420.png

@atcodedog05 -168 Solutions - Re: PadLeft / PadRight not working 

@apathetichell - 36 Solutions - Re: new row for every column having a value 

@Jean-Balteryx - 33 Solutions - Re: Address Split Issue 

WillM_2-1615920291856.png

@Gamaliel - 26 Threads

@Jean-Balteryx - 14 Threads

@KamenRider - 10 Threads

WillM_3-1615920414383.png

@atcodedog05 - 648 - Making worflows, apps, & macros backwards compatible 

@apathetichell - 296 - Discuss the data source in some weekly challenges [data preparation] 

@Jean-Balteryx - 281 - Remove character Before , After & in between the String and add _ in between the string 

WillM_4-1615920476835.png

@atcodedog05 - 648 - Making worflows, apps, & macros backwards compatible 

@Jean-Balteryx - 281 - Remove character Before , After & in between the String and add _ in between the string 

@apathetichell - 296 - Discuss the data source in some weekly challenges [data preparation] 

Top Liked Post

@Hollingsworth - AYXKCD: Types of Alteryx Community Posts

Top Liked Solution

@dhavaldoshi - Re: Send Error Emails on Workflow Failure 

The most liked idea in July was submitted last year by @hornungr, and the top ideas submitted during the month were from @Emil_Kos@mbarone, and @Robinpi. Check out their ideas below and don't forget to vote if you agree!

Manage Gallery Connection permissions via an Activ...

Tittle of the container. Possibility to split the ...

Make Failed Job Results Adhere to Controller - Persistence Options Server Settings

Formula Tools: Button to place new column at the beginning of all columns

Our most engaged user group of the month was São Paulo, BR - Português - congrats to them for keeping up the good work!

With that being said, it's time to bring another Top Contributors blog to its end.  You all make such a huge difference in the community, in the product, and at the end of the day, you're all just pretty rad. Congrats to all of you, whether mentioned in the blog or not!

Will Machin
Community Manager

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Comments
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @WillM,

I love those posts 😀

Big congratulations to everyone that is highlighted in this post! You are making this community an amazing place that is worth visiting daily! 

Quick question to you @WillM, How do you pick a solution for the shoutouts?

Emil_Kos_0-1629124984525.png

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Emil_Kos great question!  I tend to look at the solutions that have received the most likes out of the ones posted from the authors. It's by no means an exact science, but I think it's great to give an opportunity to highlight some of the content that top contributors share as well as who they are!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @WillM,

Thank you for explaining. 

There is a functionality that @atcodedog05 introduced me to. You can bookmark posts:

Emil_Kos_0-1629125578090.png

Maybe you can also highlight posts that have the most bookmarks in last month? 
Sorry for adding more work to do! 😀

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Wow @Emil_Kos this is an amazing idea 😀. This way we will be able to surface all the valuable and super helpful posts which has been bookmarked 🙂.

And thank you asking the question even I had a similar question in mind 😅

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Congrats to everyone 🙂. Thank you for all your contributions 😀

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Actually I would love to see a list of articles/post with most bookmarks.

I am responsible for building a user group for one of corporations and list like this would allow me to quickly find useful materials which I could share on our Internal yammer channel.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Shouldn't I be below @apathetichell on this one ?

Capture d’écran 2021-08-16 à 18.25.57.png

Also, congrats to everyone ! 🙂

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Or is it a copy-paste from previous rank ? Numbers and posts reference looks the same !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@Jean-Balteryx  Yup exactly that may be the issue you figured it out 😏

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Jean-Balteryx- the real question is how did @atcodedog05 get 168 solutions in a month! That's absurd.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

No comments @apathetichell 😅

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@apathetichell , I have no idea ! I think he has some cloning ninja skills or something like that but whatever it is, it's efficient !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

One of many things that keeps me motivated is all the new and cool things I get to learn on the community. Few things I recently learnt like unmarked groups from @Jean-Balteryx, excel bulk reader macro from @apathetichell and lot more 🙂

When a solution author posts a solution it's not only the solution requester who is learning from it. It's also the other solution authors who will be learning from it 🙂

Looking forward to learning lot more from you all 🙂.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You said it ! I learned sooo much from you and others solvers !!!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jean-Balteryx,

Same here. Community is an excellent place to upskill, and I promote it heavily among Alteryx users I know.