Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As many of you that have been around the Alteryx Community for some time now may know, there have been requests through the community ideas area for a login process that doesn’t involve the usage of Gallery. Or that works for multiple applications.  Something a little bit like, well, Single Sign On. With the launch of My Alteryx, you’ll find that we are taking major strides to achieving that goal. But what does this mean for you as a user, and what do you need to do?

First things first, let’s get some of the specifics out of the way. Alteryx Community will be unavailable for some time during the evening of April 22nd starting at approximately 5pm MDT, as we transition to our new SSO process. If you try to access the community and can’t, that is likely why.

There are a few things that you can do to ensure that the transition goes as smoothly as possible for you as a user.

• Take care of any high-priority work in Alteryx Community or Alteryx Licensing and Downloads Portal prior to launch.
  • Add no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com to your list of approved senders. If your company restricts email from outside senders, you may need to ask your IT team to whitelist 'no-reply@myalteryx.alteryx.com'
  • Keep an eye out for your migration email, as with this new process we will be requiring everyone reset their passwords to associate themselves with the new system.

If you have trouble finding your migration email, you can also activate your account by clicking 'Forgot Password' from the Alteryx Community or Licensing and Downloads Portal sign-in page at any time after migration is complete. You will need to go through the Forgot Password process or use the migration email to log back into the Alteryx Community.

With this new system, we’re excited to say we’re implementing some fantastic features to protect you, like Multi Factor Authentication, easy ways for you to update your information and email address associated with your My Alteryx account, and a more streamlined process that will only improve over time.

We also wanted to take a moment to thank the users providing feedback and input on how we can improve the Alteryx Community and submitted their SSO ideas to the Community Idea Board.  @Gopinaath submitted the idea regarding 2 Step Authentication which we’re including in our updated security measures. Users will also now have the ability to update the email associated with their account via My Alteryx, like @_Harbinger_  suggested! And lastly, the biggest undertaking, we’re now going to have (almost) all Alteryx sites using the same SSO, which was submitted by @SeanAdams. So, thank you to each of our users for your input and all the additional users who comments and post their own ideas in the boards as well.

To finish it off, if you have any questions about the new process, you should first check out the My Alteryx FAQ, where you’ll find detailed information on activating your account, signing in, and updating your profile; there are also some of the key questions around My Alteryx. Still not getting what you need? Reach out to us and we’ll find the answer for you!

Will Machin
Community Manager

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@WillM ,

for those of us who have alter egos,  how will we be effected?   

cheers,

mark

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Exciting new features! Can't wait 😃

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great to hear!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@MarqueeCrew You may have to relocate the bat cave just to be safe. Or are you referring to a different alter ego and not the fact that you're the caped crusader...

Birty
5 - Atom

Great to have the SSO.

Couple of minor tweaks that could make it better still:

1. Have it compatible with password managers, such as LastPass

2. I tend to be suspicious of emails from "No Reply" as the name - especially with "Verify your account" as the email title! Any chance of changing the name to be "Alteryx SSO" or something similar?

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks so much for your input, @Birty! In regards to your issue with LastPass, that could potentially be a compatibility or configuration issue, as several people have been able to integrate SSO with their password managers (LastPass included). The "No Reply" email is something we hadn't thought about, but it's a great opportunity to post in Alteryx Community Ideas! Submitting your idea there will allow us to gauge the interest of the community at large and easily communicate updates on your submission.  If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or reach out to me!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@WillM 

I am facing the same issue with password manager.
The chrome used to fill the user name and password for me, but now the chrome is not responding.
Do I miss something about the configuration?

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@Qiu Chrome seems to work fine with me, for both Chrome Password Manager and BitWarden

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Joe_Lipski 

Thank you so much.
Turned out that I put the link into never save category 😅
Now I am all good.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This move to SSO has been a great step - thank you for doing this, it unites all of our identities at Alteryx under 1 login which is independant of the various systems.