Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Imagine you are dropped into the most desolate place on earth, with sand dunes higher than buildings, heat like an oven, and who knows what crawling under the sand. Then someone says to you, “you see the burly vehicle right there? I want you to get in it and race over, around, and down those dunes as fast as you can, so that we can make an impact on the world.” Sounds fun right? 

DanM_0-1657557577924.jpeg

Well, that’s what our guest does on this episode of the Alter Everything podcast. I got the dream job of speaking to McLaren Extreme E's very own Emma Gilmour. Emma is a world-renowned racer and the first female racer for McLaren. Be sure to listen to the whole episode, but here are a couple of tidbits that really stood out to me. 

It’s surprising how much data the drivers look at and the amount of information they give to the engineers. 

I also loved to hear Emma talk about how Extreme E is having a positive impact on the environment and eco systems around the world. The reason Extreme E exists is to use motorsport to shed light on areas of the world that are experiencing extreme (pun intended) environmental conditions due to global warming. 

I probably could talk to Emma for days about all things racing but I hope that this podcast sheds a light on the series and all the good Extreme E, McLaren Racing, and Emma Gilmour are doing. 

To find out more about the series and to watch the next race visit https://www.extreme-e.com, and make sure you subscribe to our Alter Everything podcast on your favorite podcast app (Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or on Community) 

Dan Menke
Community Analytics and Operations Manager

Dan is the Community Operations Manager at Alteryx. From optimizing moderation processes, to exploring new engagement techniques, Dan spends his days supporting clients by cultivating great Community experiences.

Dan is the Community Operations Manager at Alteryx. From optimizing moderation processes, to exploring new engagement techniques, Dan spends his days supporting clients by cultivating great Community experiences.

Comments