Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
NitashaP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It's that time of the year again when we celebrate the birthday of the Alteryx Community! This year marks 7 years! In honor of our 7 year anniversary, I am going to cover some milestones and highlights our community has achieved and accomplished throughout the last year.

7th Year Community.jpgBefore I do so, I want to start off by giving a huge THANK YOU! Thank you to all the individuals who have made it possible for our community to be what it is today! A big shoutout to our amazing community team here at Alteryx, who endlessly work behind the scenes to create and maintain our thriving community for all, and of course, to you, our users! This community could not be as great of a success as it is today without YOU! Your endless posts and replies, helping others in need and supporting us has made our community what it is today, an engaging and friendly environment that surpasses any and all expectations of what we could have ever imagined.

This past year the Alteryx Community has hit some amazing milestones! We now have over 360,000 total users, with over 93,000 new members joining over the past year! Being able to witness this growth firsthand has been incredible! We have also had over 45,000 new threads posted, 500 new blogs published, 330 Gallery uploads, 120 user groups held, 34 podcasts recorded, and over 14,000 certification exams PASSED! When I saw these numbers, I was blown away by how much our community has achieved over this past year, all because of you!

We would not have been able to reach these milestones without all of your contributions! All your blogs posted, ideas submitted, user groups attended, events created, and exams passed. You truly are what makes the Alteryx Community!

And I cannot forget to mention our top contributors this past year (listed alphabetically)!

7th Year badge.png

@AkimasaKajitani | @AngelosPachis@apathetichell | @atcodedog05@binuacs | @danilang@DataNath | @Emil_Kos@IraWatt | @Jean-Balteryx@Luke_C@MarqueeCrew | @mceleavey | @Qiu | @TheOC 

Congratulations to ALL of you, and let's raise a glass to one more year!!  Share your favorite community memories in the comments below - I know you've got some great ones!

Comments
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Woooo!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@NitashaP ,

Thank you for the call-out.  It was @MaureenW who called me up and asked if I would check-out the "new" community that was my catalyst for becoming a serial top contributor.  She hypnotized me and like a zombie I've been posting ever since.  It is a habit for me and there isn't a ring at the end of the journey waiting.  I learn more and the world of Alteryx widens with each post review.  As an example, yesterday I posted a contrary position on a post solution and called to the UK to speak with @IraWatt to discuss my learning philosophy.  We had a deep conversation about solving a challenge in a way that opens up the discussion about strategies to handle more complex and diverse workflow architectures.  The Alteryx community enables these discussions and rewards frequent visitors with a wealth of knowledge.  The big surprises come when you find that you have a world-wide network of friends and a whole new Alteryx family.

Happy Birthday to you and thank you for the Community as a present to us!

Cheers,

Mark

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nicely said, @MarqueeCrew 

I love that this particular community truly embraces the spirit of "there are no stupid questions", and really makes people feel a part of something.

Unlike some other community platforms **cough**overflow**cough***

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Completely agree @MarqueeCrew, this community is such a fantastic place to learn, It was great to chat the other day 😄!

Big congrats to the top contributors and happy birthday Alteryx Community!

Alteryx Birthday.gif 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy birthday Alteryx community 🎉🎉  wishing you many more prosperous and exciting years. Thank you for the great learning journey and bringing us all together 😀

LeandraN
Alteryx
Alteryx

LOVE it! 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happy birthday Alteryx community! 

I am proud to be part of it 😁

EE218DBD-1620-4E46-9AEA-A611FD97E5CD.jpeg

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Happy Birthday to Alteryx.
Wow. it is such a pleasure that my name is mentioned. I will continue to learn and help others.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I am also wondering when the badge will be given?😂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@Qiu 

Thanks for asking the obvious question 😂

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Well done everyone 😀

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Feels like the 6th birthday was yesterday! Happy to be named a top contributor again, and congrats to the others on the list. I learn so much through assisting others with their questions and reading everyone else's responses. 

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I am proud to be one of the 15 top contributors! Wishing the AlteryxCommunity more and more growth!

And happy birthday, Alteryx Community!!!😀

DataNath
17 - Castor

Just noticed that I was added to the updated top 15 list!

Incredibly happy to be named amongst some amazing personalities within the community - this was totally unexpected and a very nice bonus for doing something that I truly enjoy; helping others. Thanks for providing a great platform for us to learn, engage with and share with one another - the resources and discussions here allow anyone with a genuine interest in Alteryx to accelerate their learning and I've found that it has been invaluable in my own journey so far!

Here's to many more great years ahead!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

HBD community.alteryx.com!!   What a truly great community to be a part of!

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Woooooo!!! Best community ever!!!