Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Alteryx Community is celebrating its 6th birthday today, and have we got some great updates to share with all of you. This blog will cover some of the things we've accomplished in the past year and milestones we've reached in a celebration of the community and those that make it so special. But before we get into all of that, I'd like to share what the Alteryx Community has been to me personally.

Community_Infographic_6year_600x1200px10241024_1.pngI've been working on the community team at Alteryx for nearly a year and a half now, and I can't believe how lucky I feel to be a part of this team.  You may not realize this, but we're incredibly lucky to have a robust team of folks behind the scenes here that make the community work.  A lot of organizations make community an afterthought, or have one person frantically trying to do it all at once - that isn't the case here.  One of the reasons that the Alteryx Community can be so comprehensive is that we all are able to work together to make it successful (not to mention our absolutely wonderful community members - without you we wouldn't be here at all!).

Throughout the fifth year of the Alteryx Community, we've had a lot of great things happen. We are now over 250 thousand strong in our membership, with nearly 80 thousand new members joining in the past year! There were over 500 blogs published across the community, nearly 100 user group meetings, and 40+ podcast episodes put out into the world. And you all love to talk - there were over 100 thousand discussion posts in total - that's a lot of questions and answers! And you folks love to get involved beyond just discussing questions, with almost 100 user group meetings, over 400 ideas submitted, and over 12 thousand of you passing certification exams!

This past year has been a difficult one for many, and the community has been able to continue thriving through all of it. This is in large part because of all of your contributions - all of the conversations, blogs written and posted, user group meetings attended, ideas submitted, and exams passed. These are the activities that make up the community, but it's you as individuals that really give the community soul.  So a big THANK YOU to everyone that logs in and uses the community, we couldn't do it without all of you!

And finally, I'd like to give a HUGE shout out to our top 10 contributors of the community for year 6 (alphabetically because this isn't a competition 😉

TopContributor_6Year_Badge.png

@AngelosPachis@apathetichell | @atcodedog05 | @danilang@Emil_Kos | @Jean-Balteryx@Luke_C@MarqueeCrew | @mceleavey | @Qiu 

Congratulations to ALL of you, and let's all raise a glass to one more year in the snazziest community I can think of!  Share your favorite community memories in the comments below - I know you've got some great ones!

Will Machin
Community Manager

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Will runs community engagement programs for the Alteryx Community and wants to ensure that all members get the resources, activity, and information they need. He is always open to hear feedback and ideas and loves connecting with everyone in the community to strengthen relationships and build strong ties.

Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

One of my favorite memories over the past year was being a guest host on the Alter Everything podcast with the amazing @MaddieJ along with some of my fav colleagues 😊

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Congrats to all the other top contributors! I've learned so much from the community - it can't be a coincidence that I share a birthday with the community 😁

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Thanks @WillM 

celebrating here.  Do you know where @MarqueeCrew is?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

image.jpg

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @WillM,

It was an amazing post. I enjoyed reading it and checking how much happened in the community last year!

Thank you for the shoutout. I feel honoured!😎

The funny thing. Referencing the previous article(link), I thought that the community birthday is the day after tomorrow.😋

Still, I invite everyone to our Polish user group meeting where we will celebrate the Alteryx community birthday!

Celebrate.jpg

All the details about a meeting are below:

Date: 9th September 2021 
Time 6:00 PM CET
Speaker: @estherb47 - Alteryx Ace. Thank you for joining us during our user group meeting 😀
Topic: Introduction to Macros
Registration Link: https://lnkd.in/e7Quvuhe

See you there!

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Kenda aww awesome! The feeling is mutual, absolutely loved having you as a host!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Emil_Kos Because of work weeks and days of the week shifting, we celebrate the community's birthday right after Labor Day here in the US!  It's a little easier than trying to remain on the exact same numerical date every year. I love that you guys are gonna be celebrating at the user group meeting, and can't wait to see the pictures (though I'm not sure how they'll be able to compete with the one you shared!)

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @WillM,

Answering your question regarding unforgettable memories, I enjoyed the Alteryx inspire conference, even if it was only online

I learned a lot from many various speakers. I still go back to this page and explore different videos.

I recently watched one from @MarqueeCrew , and @aj (hope I am tagging Alberto) called "AI" Your Noise Into Actions. The use case you guys presented about the call centre was fascinating.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Wow. I'm in the top ten.

I really have no social life at all.

However...

you like me.gif

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I am so proud to be part of this community family and much honored to be one of the top ten.

Lets keep it up.

Thank you all. 

giphy.gif

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Emil_Kos , If I see no evidence of that bottle opening within the next week, I will hunt you down.

I know where you live...

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mceleavey I will open it during the User group meeting! No worry!

giphy.gif

Hi @WillM,

Thank you for explaining.

I will add some extra balloons, so there is a chance that I will beat this picture!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

birthday.jpg

Happy Birthday, Alteryx Community 🙂. Thank you to everyone in the community team and all community members for making it an amazing place 🙂. Alteryx Community has played a great part in my life in being able to meet a lot of amazing people and learning a lot of amazing things.  

I am super excited and it brings me tears of joy to celebrate your Birthday 😊.

Happy Birthday, Alteryx Community 🙂. Looking forward to much more amazing years 😁

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happiest of birthdays, Alteryx Community!

My fondest memory was getting the official offer to be on the CommuniTeam here at Alteryx. As Will noted, this is a top notch team in the community industry and it's an honor to be part of the team.

My second fondest memory is meeting my ACEs & realizing this community isn't just a place to come and get answers but also a place to connect, learn, and grow. As someone who has worked in B2B community spaces, it truly warms my heart. Thank you ALL for reinforcing community can happen anywhere if you have the right people on both sides of the table.

Can't wait to see what the next year brings! 🎆

JimHalpert
5 - Atom

giphy.gif

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy anniversary Community!

I couldn't agree more with @WillM, it's an absolute honor to work with such a great team!

What's even greater is to support the User Group Leaders and to see their passion, enthusiasm, and commitment shared with other members of our community every day!

Thanks to all of you @nravik , @SubratDas5@ydmuley@jjsoh1226@jaymullens@Ganeshguha@ramesh_neel@george11@ImMoinak94@apoorvashetty@dhavaldoshi@rahulm2908@Megan_Nisbet@alexisjensen@udles5666@avinashsunchu@yeodaryl@Nezrin@ramesh_neel@mat_budden@Seira_Y@AnetteKy@Banim@DanHare@danielLegacy@Verakso, , @Samanthaj_hughes@aazimh@mmishal001@JohnnyButler@DavidP@RolandSchubert@Buzz@grodge13@paul_houghton@Shifty@Jean-Balteryx@Ladarthure , @Silvi@Davidoff@matejrulik@Franz@RoelEsselink@engdell2@klarvi@Emil_Kos

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I just love the fact that if I can't figure out something or am trying to remember something I always have the community and a group of folks as crazy as I am about helping me solve it! Happy Birthday. 

joshuaburkhow_1-1631186114643.jpeg

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Happy birthday to the community!!

congrats to @Jean-Balteryx !!!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thank you @Ladarthure ! 🙂

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Happy Birthday Alteryx Community. 5 years ago I gave the community and @MarqueeCrew a shout out during my talk at INSPIRE London and I have never looked back since. This community is award winning you know. 🙂

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It's hard to believe that it's been six years!

My favorite memory from this past year were the important conversations that we had (and will continue to have) surrounding competitiveness in the community. While it's not always easy to hear criticism, I'm glad the opportunity to discuss and reflect came up. More importantly, it was reassuring to know that we have people who care enough to share honestly and openly about the impact certain decisions and/or behaviors can have on ones experience.

ramesh_neel
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Belated happy birthday to the community! So proud to be a part of this !