Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hey Maveryx! We are excited to kick off summer with some great community updates and new content from the month of June.

Our reaction to all these updates (Source: GIPHY)

Need To Know

One of the most popular areas of Community had a major upgrade - the Weekly Challenges! Along with being able to track the challenges you've completed, we've released a handful of user experience updates that includes:

• The ability to sort challenges be Solved or Unsolved 
  • The ability to filter challenges based on difficulty level, subject, and certification level
  • A featured carousel that showcases the latest and greatest challenges

Screen Shot 2024-07-05 at 12.16.46 PM.png 

With the initial launch, we're seeing some inconsistencies in the Solved and Unsolved filters. Please be patient with us as we work to resolve this hiccup. Additionally, you may notice a delay in loading times.

Community News

New account changes have arrived on Community! You can now use security questions to get back into an account you’ve lost access to. All you have to do is log out and back into your account and you will be prompted to fill in your security questions. This will make it easier than ever to keep your Community account progress no matter where you go.

Academy

There’s a new certification in town! Validate your cloud skills with the new Designer Cloud Core exam. To learn more about what’s in the exam and why you should take it, head over to the announcement blog here.

Discussions

We had a great Maveryx chatter discussion this week about ways our members use AI in their data work. If you didn’t have a chance to chime in, you still can! Share your AI use cases on this thread.

We’re entering the dog days of summer! (Source: GIPHY)

Read and Listen

We re-started our ACE Spotlight series to shine a light on ACEs that joined the program in the last two years! Learn more about Mokhtar, Calvin, and Alex, and stay tuned for more ACE spotlights in July.

June was a big month for data governance content, thanks to @pmaier1971 and his team. You can learn more about the tool they built, the Risk Audit Manager, in this article. You can find the second article in their enterprise readiness series here. And finally, there is a recap of the June live event on governance (along with a link to the recording in case you missed it) in this discussion post.

We recently chatted with Brian Vallelunga on the podcast—he walked us through secrets management, the importance of data governance, and security best practices in a world where data breaches are increasingly advanced. Tune in here.

New content is stacking up! (Source: GIPHY)

Closing

Our Community sure is sweet! Thanks for all you do to keep it thriving 😊

We hope you have a chance to take a break this summer too—if you are going on a vacation, let us know where in the comments!

Megan Bowers
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments