Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hello Alteryx Community! It’s once again time for our monthly Community highlights. Grab a hot beverage, come back, and read the Community news during your coffee (or tea) break.

Source: GIPHY

Need to Know

Maybe it’s the caffeine or the fact that we’re quickly approaching the biggest analytics event of the year, but we’re hyped to share these Community updates!

• The Analytics Maturity Assessment page got a refresh and now features a walk-through video.
  • We fixed styling issues with the Likes and Favorites features in our Blogs and Ideas.
  • The Academy page was updated so that the most useful resources are on the top half of the page.  
  • We fixed some pesky bugs that were causing the Onboarding lessons to not load and track progress incorrectly.

Community News

There was certainly lots of buzz in the community last month. Between getting excited for Inspire, program updates, and new content, it was a busy month.

User Groups

The Tel Aviv User Group organized their first Pilot UG Meeting with more than 45 passionate users! We are excited to see this User Group off to a running start.

Can you truly commiserate with analytics challenges when you're thousands of miles away? Don’t worry—you can find an Alteryx User Group near you! Experience the breakthrough-generating, eureka-moment popping, solution-solidifying energy unique to in-person gatherings. Check out our new promo video:

Inspire

Inspire Americas is almost here! If you’re wondering why you should attend Inspire, check out this three-part blog series—and don’t forget that the certification team is hosting free certification exams on-site. We also heard from @clmc9601 on the blog about her Grand Prix experience last year. So much to get excited for!

Fanalytics

In April, the Alteryx Fanalytics site was launched! Head over to see all the ways Alteryx is used in sports. We also had a virtual caddy app challenge—congrats to @Luke_C for winning by using the fewest tools in his solution. Finally, if you’re craving more sports analytics content, listen to this podcast episode where we chatted with @BATTLE about how football clubs are advancing their analytics maturity.

SparkED

Did you hear that SparkED launched a scholarship program last month? Applications are open until May 15th—read more about this opportunity here. Also, @jaygarcia posted some great LinkedIn tips for students and job seekers in the SparkED discussion forum.

Read, Listen & Learn

@karstenchu wrote a blog that took us back to the future! The article covered the Alteryx Machine Learning Time Series offerings—read it here to learn about the awesome new forecasting features.

@Spurs's blog about documenting your Alteryx workflows was popular last month. And there was a good discussion in the comments as well about a variety of methods for documentation.

On the podcast, we heard about how democratization can boost your analytics maturity. Give it a listen to deepen your understanding of analytics maturity in organizations!

If you want to further your knowledge of Designer Cloud (Designer Experience), we’ve got great news—a new lesson was launched on building workflows.

Conclusion

That’s a wrap for April! Thanks for spending your coffee break with us and for keeping the Alteryx Community a supportive and lively place.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the update, this is the first one I've seen. 

A group of us will be at Inspire in a few weeks and we're trying to spread the message about why.

I hope it's ok for me to post the community link and blog link here.

Inspire 2023 Mystery Craft Along Stix&Alteryx 

Knitting & Alteryx Workflows - Alteryx Community

Thanks

Nicola (PuffinPanic)