Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

4YR - Community Infographic.pngIn September of 2015 we launched the all-new Alteryx Community online and in the years since we’ve witnessed incredible growth, flourishing relationships, and amazing stories of analytic success. Our Community is a gathering place, where Alteryx enthusiasts from all walks of life come together to experience the thrill of solving. We’re so proud of everything we’ve accomplished throughout the past several years and are honored to be a part of your Alteryx journey.

Year 4 | Milestones

In anticipation of today's celebration, we invited you to take a stab at guessing the momentous 100k member milestone. While @kelly_gilbert was the first to guess the exact achievement we had in mind, we appreciated the supplemental insight from everyone who participated.

@patrick_digan@Claje, @JosephSerpis -- Thanks for helping identify key milestones to include in the snazzy anniversary infographic!

In addition to the aforementioned achievements, we’ve delivered on a number of key objectives designed to not only make your experience better — but expand the availability and reach of Community resources to new audiences across the globe.

Here are just a few notable highlights from year four:

New Language Communities

As we’ve expanded our footprint into new markets around the world support for additional languages in community has been a popular request. We heard your voices, and over the past year we launched a total of five new language communities:

Today, key features include a discussion forum & knowledge base, use cases, blogs, and easy access to local Alteryx User Groups. It’s only the beginning... and we can’t wait to see what the future brings!

Alteryx Academy - Available in Japanese

Back in March we incorporated additional learning resources within the Japanese Community via Academy. The launch of Alteryx Academy in Japanese is a great example of the direction we are heading with our community localization efforts across the board.

Alteryx Community Version 19.6

In v19.6 we focused our efforts on improving navigation by re-designing the Community landing page to showcase key community features and opportunities to get involved. Your feedback was instrumental in this process and we could not have done it without you. Check out the release blog to learn more about our approach.

Our commitment to continual improvement only grows stronger with each new release and as you continue to share valuable feedback and ideas with us.

Stay tuned throughout the end of 2019 and into 2020 for more!

Year 4 | Top Contributors

For many, the community serves as fuel for their engines - a place they can go to get insights that propel their work to the next level. Thousands (hundreds of thousands to be exact...) of users contribute their knowledge to make that possible and we’d be remiss if we didn’t call out our most dedicated members. It’s also become a bit of an anniversary tradition to acknowledge and award those who go above & beyond to help the community thrive.

From helping answer questions in the forums to participating in the weekly challenges, and everything in between, it’s YOUR contributions that power opportunities for everyone to learn & grow. It’s not about what you know, it’s about what you share, and the top contributors that we are recognizing today truly embrace the power of sharing with the Community day in and day out.

Without further ado, I am excited to announce our Year 4 Top Contributors!

top contributors year-4.png

@Thableaus@danilang@CharlieS@MarqueeCrew@jdunkerley79@BenMoss@Claje@estherb47@DavidP@patrick_digan

On behalf of the Alteryx Community team, I want to thank each and every one of our members for making this journey possible! We are grateful for the opportunity to facilitate your dreams... and are rewarded everyday with your success. Keep up the great work!

Last but not least, and as a part of our anniversary celebration, we'd love to capture your favorite Alteryx Community memories from this past year. Please share by commenting below!

Leah Knowles
Senior Manager, Community Management & Programs

Leah is responsible for building and growing engagement programs that enable community members to make the most of the Alteryx product suite. She is passionate about building customer communities to collaborate and solve real world business problems, and believes that connecting with people and building relationships leads to better work. Follow her on twitter @LeahMKnowles

Leah is responsible for building and growing engagement programs that enable community members to make the most of the Alteryx product suite. She is passionate about building customer communities to collaborate and solve real world business problems, and believes that connecting with people and building relationships leads to better work. Follow her on twitter @LeahMKnowles

Comments
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks for the shout out @LeahK 

I'm sure I can speak for all the contributors on the community(not just the top ones) when I say to Alteryx

"Keep giving us such great tools and we'll keep solving"

Dan

TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I wasn't here to witness the birth, but am damn proud to have been here to live through the growth, fun, and love that our community has to offer! Too many favorite moments to list, so these two photos from Nashville will have to do. Can't wait to see everyone in London!

great lookin' crew!great lookin' crew!

Happy #ACEfamily *missing a few*Happy #ACEfamily *missing a few*

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy Birthday Community!! I can't believe how far we've come! Huge shout out and thank you all of the User Group Leaders who have brought the community offline during their meetings! 🙂

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I have lots of happy memories from the 4th year, but here are a few that are top of mind.

1) @MarqueeCrew showing up at Inspire Nashville in full-on cow boy get-up! Those boots will go down in history...

mclkinspire19.png      Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.30.03 PM.png

2) Another memorable moment of mine was spending hours with @TuvyL and several ACEs (including but not limited to @Claje@Treyson@BenMoss@mbarone@Joe_Lipski) trying to finish one of the coolest puzzles I've ever seen. We didn't even get close...

EPIC ACE PUZZLEEPIC ACE PUZZLE

I don't think I've ever seen someone geek out on a puzzle as much as @Treyson... 

3) FINALLY getting to meet @patrick_digan in person -- a once in a lifetime opportunity.

digan-thatshim.jpg

4) Seeing @BowK represent Community at events across APAC!

bow-Singapore event.jpeg

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That puzzle was amazing!  And hard!!!

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@LeahK I do geek out on puzzles.