Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

MeganDibble_13-1660081877277.png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @Emil_Kos! Keep reading to learn more about Emil and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background. 

I am an Alteryx Consultant and Alteryx Trainer. I have fallen in love with Alteryx since I saw it for the first time. At that moment, I realized this software was a game-changer. With Alteryx, I could take my work to the next level. This incredible feeling started a series of life events that allowed me to become one of the Alteryx Aces. I am also a co-founder of consulting company called Data Pal, and I am working hard to make this recognized and trusted brand.

I recently became an Alteryx partner. I studied management in school because I wanted to start my own company. Once I got more confidence in my Alteryx skills, I decided to start my own venture that was mainly focused on Alteryx. In Poland, we only have a few partners, and they are relatively small, so it was a good time to start it.

When it comes to the Alteryx partnership, in the end, it is where the best fun begins. Implementing Alteryx within the organization allows you to discover many exciting use cases and help many companies to the next level.

MeganDibble_14-1660081877326.png

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I was horrified when I needed to speak publicly when I was young. Because of that, I have always admired public speakers. I decided to improve that weak area and took the opportunity to deliver various presentations. When I gained some confidence, I joined a toastmaster's club and became a trainer for one non-profit organization.

Nowadays, I enjoy public speaking, especially when I am teaching or talking about Alteryx itself. Since I became an Ace, it has been much easier to find exciting training opportunities, and if my schedule allows me, I am always happy to deliver Alteryx training.

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

The Select tool is my favorite—it allows you to do many cool things with your data:

- Rename your columns so it is easier to understand
- Change the format to make it more efficient
- Correct the format if it wasn't the correct one
- Rearrange the order so it will be easier to analyze

The select tool is simply fantastic.

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

I enjoy working with people. My favorite project might be pretty unusual.

In the past, I was the co-owner of the internal Alteryx user group. During that time, I was responsible for preparing content, organizing events, and helping users fully unlock Alteryx potential. At the same time, I was also the main point of contact regarding Alteryx, so I had a chance to solve numerous problems during that time.

I engaged 150 Alteryx users through my activities, and I firmly believe that Alteryx and the whole organization greatly benefit from this community. So if you would like to build a community like that in your organization, please let me know. I will gladly help you with that.

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

The moment in which Dan Languedoc (@danilang) helped me with solving this problem on the community. Someone else had a problem with this issue, and as I was a single point of contact for Alteryx for one industry leader, it eventually came to me. I spent so much time trying to solve it, and Dan cracked in a moment. This shows the true power of the Alteryx community.

What advice do you have for new community members?

Start the getting started learning path and do weekly challenges. Focus on getting core certified, and you will be Alteryx Master in no time.

MeganDibble_15-1660081877396.png

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

There are two things that I would like to highlight:

I enjoy writing articles. It is a fantastic way to share my knowledge with dozens of users. Unfortunately, the writing process is time-consuming, so I have published only three articles so far. You can check them out below:

The Beginner’s Guide to Implementing Alteryx in Your Organization

Starting the Conversation Around Workflow and Process Standardisation

Why It’s Worth Having an Internal Community

Secondly, delivering training. I always like to engage with other Alteryx users, and helping them grow in the area of Alteryx brings me a lot of joy.

What are you passionate about?

I am passionate about helping people onboard in Alteryx. My life was a pain doing manual tasks in Excel, but with Alteryx, it’s much simpler. People struggle to have time to learn Alteryx, find a use case, or don’t promote their success—I like helping them through these obstacles on their onboarding journey.

I am also passionate about Alteryx communities within companies. It helps if people have a place to share knowledge and celebrate successes. Sometimes people are working in silos and are unaware of work other teams are doing that could help their org—that’s why internal communities are valuable.

MeganDibble_16-1660081877471.png

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

Tongs (for the grill). I enjoy grilling with my family.

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

MeganDibble_17-1660081877548.png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice one, Emil!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Emil_Kos ,

And as a bonus we get a chance to present together.   

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Lucky me @MarqueeCrew 😀

Thank you for this opportunity!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

It's a pleasure to have you among us @Emil_Kos 🙂

I can relate to your favorite memory. I was always inspired a lot by @danilang solutions he was a superhero to me. 

atcodedog05_0-1660147319186.gif