Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

ACEs (35).png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @clmc9601! Keep reading to learn more about Claire and what makes her a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background. 

I am an accountant by background and currently pursuing CPA licensure. Since I love data, machine learning, and automation, I’m excited to incorporate those topics in my consulting work with accounting and finance teams.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I am a classically trained (but definitely nonprofessional) pianist. Here’s an audio clip from 2018 of a fun piano duo I played called Calle Ocho Miami:

A piano duo is two pianists playing simultaneously, also described as “two pianos, four hands.”

MeganDibble_0-1671570332937.png

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

Control Parameter. I appreciate taking values from a field and inserting them anywhere in the workflow, including expressions, field names, XML, and more. I wish other tools had this power!

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

Building an analytic app that dynamically created a customized copy of a Tableau dashboard deliverable.

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

Inspire Americas 2022. It was my first in-person Inspire and first in-person Alteryx event as an ACE. Winning the Grand Prix in my hometown in front of many of my Alteryx mentors made it even more special.

What advice do you have for new community members?

Curiosity. Keep exploring the boundaries of what's possible. If you ask Alteryx fans to show you a cool use case, they usually will :)

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

I enjoy learning from other developers’ macros and sharing my own on the Gallery. In the community beyond community.alteryx.com, I've enjoyed coaching beginning Alteryx users at my university over the last two years.

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

I’d be a silicone spatula. I appreciate how they have many uses, do their job with excellence, and come in fun colors to make your kitchen more cheerful.

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

Claire.png

Tune in next week for another spotlight article!

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@clmc9601 needs no spotlight.  She's shines like a beacon and sparkles like a Diamond.  What's more is that she's so friendly and welcoming.  

cheers,

m

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What Mark said!

Love the piano piece!  My 11 yr old has been playing for several years now; it looks very difficult having to do separate things with each hand.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Both vertical and horizontal layouts?? Preposterous!