Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

MeganDibble_1-1658769396311.png

Today’s ACE spotlight is @AkimasaKajitani! Keep reading to learn more about Akimasa and what makes him a unique Alteryx super user.

Tell us a bit about your professional background.

I'm a wireless network engineer. My responsibilities are network optimization and area design. I used Excel, Access, GIS tools, and sometimes coding with VBA or VB.NET for efficiency. But now, I replaced them with Alteryx, and after that, we can work far more efficiently. Also, I have been in charge as a pre-sales engineer as a reseller of Alteryx for recent five years.

What is one fun thing about you that community members might not know? 

I post about Japanese local sake, which is called jizake, on my private Facebook every week. There are so many kinds of jizake that it is impossible to drink them all.

What is your favorite Alteryx tool, and why? 

I like the Download tool because it allows us to connect to other systems, and it greatly expands the capabilities of Alteryx.

What has been your favorite Alteryx project? 

I started to write a book for Alteryx beginners in Japanese about one year ago, and it was published in May 2022. My trigger for writing it came from many Japanese customers asking me if I had any books on how to use Alteryx in Japanese. So, I felt writing a book was necessary to promote Alteryx in Japan.

MeganDibble_0-1658769383986.png

What is your favorite Alteryx memory? 

I was mentioned by someone whom I helped in the Alteryx Community in their presentation at Inspire 2022. I’m very proud of this.

What advice do you have for new community members?

Don't hesitate to post questions. But when you post it, please submit the question with as much detailed information as possible to solve the problem. And it is important to enjoy making a workflow in Alteryx Designer.

What is your favorite way to engage as an ACE? Also, what area of the online community do you spend the most time in?

I like to answer the questions on the discussion page of the Alteryx Community. But these days, I like to make macros and post on the blog to improve the environment of the Japanese users because there are issues specific to the Japanese language when using Alteryx Designer.

Silly question... if you were a kitchen appliance/utensil, what would you be and why? 

A whetstone? I would like to sharpen everyone's analytical skills.

Ok, now finally, let’s do a quick “This or That” to get to know your Alteryx preferences!

This or That Alteryx Edition (Instagram Story) (17).png

Tune in next week to meet another amazing ACE!

Want to learn more about what ACEs do and how to become one? Check out this page to see details about the program.

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@MeganDibble ,

Just wondering if this is posted in the Japanese community too?  Maybe we should have ACE sake classes at inspire?  Just a few questions after reading about @AkimasaKajitani 

Cheers,

Mark

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@MarqueeCrew I've reached out to our localization team to get it posted on the Japanese community--it might take a bit but that's my plan!

Also, I would love to sit in on a sake class... :) 

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

+1 for the sake class!

Also, what a creative kitchen utensil! I love it 

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MarqueeCrew 

Thanks for the mention of the Japanese Community and Blog!

Sake class is needed!

@MeganDibble 

I'm looking forward to read the Japanese version in the Japanese Community.

@Kenda 

Welcome to Sake class! I believe the all ACEs are whetstone!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

+1 for the sake class; love it!

DataNath
17 - Castor

Another great read! Really enjoying learning more about all the ACEs and their backstories. I lived in Japan for a year when I was 4-5 so obviously couldn't try sake - would love to if we ever cross paths at a conference!

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@AkimasaKajitani your spotlight is now on the Japanese Community! ACEスポットライトでは、梶谷明正様

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MeganDibble Thank you so much! I can confirm it!