Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy April Alteryx Community!

Can you believe it? March is already over, we're one third through 2019, and it's time to celebrate our Top Contributors.

It was a March madness scramble to the top of the leader boards this month...

doubletake2.gif

Wait a minute. Was @Thableaus the Top Solutions Author AND Top Star Author this month? He sure was!

Lets spring into the full bracket break down:

Top Solution Authors

@Thableaus@Thableaus

@danilang@danilang

@MarqueeCrew@MarqueeCrew

1. @Thableaus 66
  2. @danilang 30
  3. @MarqueeCrew 24

See where you rank in the Solutions leaderboards.

Some of my favorite solutions from the leaders last month:

When @WKiehn reached out in Designer Discussions@CRowlatt@ChrisTX, @estherb47 and @danilang all took the time to offer insight. Each of these awesome Community members contributed to the conversation to suggest that @WKiehn solve the issue by using the Dynamic Replace tool and a batch macro. Team work makes the dream work!

@MarqueeCrew to the rescue with his quick fix for @gumbi who needed a solution for the Formula tool. Thank you @MarqueeCrew for the quick solve! Way to represent the ACEs on the leader board this month.

Top Star Authors

@Thableaus@Thableaus@danilang@danilang@MarqueeCrew@MarqueeCrew

1. @Thableaus 97
  2. @MarqueeCrew 80
  3. @danilang 54

See where you rank in the Stars leaderboards.

This month's shout-out worthy Star interaction was when @StephenF reached out to the Community for help with a Render Tool error. @Thableaus was quick to respond with an explanation of why the error was happening, a proposed solution, as well as a link to additional learning in order to help further. Check out the extra encouragement from @CharlieS as well!

wc_150_yellowband.png

Last, lets hear it for our current top 10 Weekly Challengers! Will you join the ranks as a top challenger next month? Don't forget, you can earn shiny new badges for completing weekly challenges, so don't hesitate to dive in and add some Alteryx Academy bling to your profile! 

Challenger Challenges Completed
@RichoBsJ 158
@danilang 158
@kat 158
@pasccout 158
@patrick_digan 158
@EstherB47 157
@JS420 156
@PhilipMannering 156
@ipeng 156
@NicoleJohnson 155
@ggruccio 155
@jamielaird 153
@jasperlch 152
@JoBen 151
@JoshuaGostick 151
Madeline Johannsen
Podcast Manager

Hey there! I'm Maddie, the Sr. Manager for our two podcasts: Alter Everything, and Data Science Mixer. I'm skilled and experienced at connecting people, and work to foster an encouraging analytics culture for learning and collaboration to help grow the Alteryx Community. Drop me a line to say hello and listen to Alter Everything and Data Science Mixer on your favorite podcast app!

Hey there! I'm Maddie, the Sr. Manager for our two podcasts: Alter Everything, and Data Science Mixer. I'm skilled and experienced at connecting people, and work to foster an encouraging analytics culture for learning and collaboration to help grow the Alteryx Community. Drop me a line to say hello and listen to Alter Everything and Data Science Mixer on your favorite podcast app!

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@MaddieJ,

It's great seeing new faces taking the spotlight.  I just saw a new pic this week that reminded me of my APAC trip to Sydney.  A shout out to @RRANCIEN for joining the community and an invite to #AlterNation.  

Cheers,

Mark

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You're certainly an inspiration for me and I believe for many others, @MarqueeCrew 

Warming up for Inspire! Hope to see all these folks over there.

I'm so happy to contribute to community. Like @danilang said before, I think it's just fun.

Cheers,

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hey @Thableaus.

You're doing a great job here in community.  If I inspire you, my hope is that you become the inspiration to more members.  I learn so much from the community, it seems to me that my fondness for ice cream (the community) is looked at as a giving event.  In all actuality, I'm getting fat on how much I get from the community.  I still love my Ice Cream!  Don't get me wrong.  There is so much good content and good exchange here that there's room for everyone on the "good" list.  The top of the iceberg (or ice cream cone) hides so much.

Cheers,

Mark

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@MarqueeCrew is a legend in the community with such a huge depth and breadth of analytics knowledge, but look at @Thableaus...He's only been here since August of last year!  If he keeps up this pace, he'll catch up to @jdunkerley79 and @MarqueeCrew some time in 2021.  

Like Mark, I look at helping out in the community as a way to improve my own skills.  It's like a solving weekly challenges everyday.  Enormous fun!  

Dan

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

That's one of the best things of this community, how we co-create solutions even when we're geographically inconvenient.

Congrats to the tops this month!!! Honored to be mentioned with you.

Cheers!

Esther

papalow
8 - Asteroid

@MaddieJ 

Thanks for moderating this blog.

@Thableaus 

You have made a prolific contribution in a very short time.  Congratulations and thank you.  

@estherb47 

Not only is the community geographically disbursed, it is asynchronous -- not all users need to be engaged in the same topic at the same time.  Posts made years ago by others impact me today.  Several of these posts I reference over and over again.