Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

TC Blog - Feb 2019 (5).png

Welcome to the July 2019 edition of the monthly Top Contributors blog!

Each month, we like to take the time to celebrate our Community and thank the top 3 Community members who share the most solutions and receive the most stars. The contributions to the Community by these members is outstanding. Let's jump in and recognize our Community super heroes from July.

July Top Solution Authors

@danilang@danilang@Thableaus@Thableaus

@EstherB47@EstherB47

1. @danilang 51
  2. @Thableaus 37
  3. @estherb47 35

Interestingly enough, @danilang and @estherb47 are currently at the top of the Weekly Challenge leader board. Is it a coincidence that they've been crushing the weekly challenges AND are Top Contributors for last month? I think not.

Top Weekly Challengers (Updated on 2019-08-05):

Rank Challenger Challenges Completed
1 @BarnesK, @EstherB47, @JS420, @NicoleJohnson, @RichoBsJ, @danilang, @ggruccio, @jamielaird, @kat, @patrick_digan 174
2 @PhilipMannering, @pasccout 173
3 @LordNeilLord, @kelly_gilbert 172
4 @jasperlch 167
5 @RolandSchubert 165
6 @JoshuaGostick 161
7 @SeanAdams 160
8 @ipeng 156
9 @cplewis90 155
10 @JoBen 151

Don't forget to see where you rank in the Solutions leaderboards!

July Top Star Authors

@SeanAdams@SeanAdams  @EstherB47@EstherB47  @danilang@danilang

1. @SeanAdams 92
  2. @estherb47 88
  3. @danilang 79

@SeanAdams is getting close to 2,000 stars received since he's been a Community member. Will he hit 2,000 in August? September? Time will tell! 

See where you rank on the Stars leaderboards!

Who doesn't love getting stars on their posts? The quickest way to start receiving stars from the Alteryx Community is to start posting! Ask a question, introduce yourself, start a discussion within a user group, subscribe and comment on your favorite blog, or provide a solution - there are endless options to get involved!

Have you always wanted to post but aren't sure where to start? Pro tip: subscribe to the Alter.Nation blog and read @LeahK's monthly Community highlights blogs to stay informed about all things related to the Alteryx Community, and identify where you might want to get involved. You can also comment below with questions for our July Top Contributors. You'll be on your way to becoming a Top Contributor in no time.

Hip hip, hooray for our fantastic Alteryx Community! We can't wait to see what will happen this month.
Madeline Johannsen
Podcast Manager

Hey there! I'm Maddie, the Sr. Manager for our two podcasts: Alter Everything, and Data Science Mixer. I'm skilled and experienced at connecting people, and work to foster an encouraging analytics culture for learning and collaboration to help grow the Alteryx Community. Drop me a line to say hello and listen to Alter Everything and Data Science Mixer on your favorite podcast app!

Hey there! I'm Maddie, the Sr. Manager for our two podcasts: Alter Everything, and Data Science Mixer. I'm skilled and experienced at connecting people, and work to foster an encouraging analytics culture for learning and collaboration to help grow the Alteryx Community. Drop me a line to say hello and listen to Alter Everything and Data Science Mixer on your favorite podcast app!

Comments
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Lately I haven't been able to put up with @danilang. He's killing it in the Community. Congrats, man!

Also huge respect for @estherb47. She has reached out to a lot of people, always very thoughtful and patient on her explanations.

I just love this Community! Can't spend a day without it. Thanks for the post, @MaddieJ 

Cheers,

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great summary @MaddieJ & congrats to all of our Top Contributors!

THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge & expertise with the Community on a daily basis!!!

bravocado.gif

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Thableaus I second your shout out to @estherb47's thoughtful explanations. At Inspire Nashville, I witnessed her explanation finesse in the "Born to Solve" session as she walked the audience through a problem that she had never seen before and she left the crowd in awe. 

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thank you for the post and callout, @MaddieJ. You inspire me to be a better and more supportive community member

This is the most wonderful community. I am humbled to be in the company of such great contributors. 

@danilang , you never cease to amaze me with your lightning fast and beautiful responses. 

@Thableaus , I am in awe of your knowledge, and have learned so much from reading your responses. 

@SeanAdams will always be a rockstar and a mentor in this community. You welcomed me 2 years ago, and I've felt supported and encouraged ever since. 

I educate for a living. Corporate education pays my bills and provides health insurance. Helping other community members, and learning from them in the process, feeds my soul. Thank you all.

Humbly,

Esther

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

It's all about the solve!

Thanks for the mention @MaddieJ.  And thanks to the great designers and developers at Alteryx.   If it wasn't for them, I'd still be slinging lines of code around and spending far too long building the nuts and bolts that support the solutions as opposed to the solutions themselves.

@Thableaus Every day my Regex-Fu gets stronger because of another arcane Regex move learned from you.

@estherb47 Elegant solutions and eloquent explanations.  I look forward to solving another challenge with you, round robin style. 

Dan