Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Last year we ran a little contest during the month of December and named it #SANTALYTICS . We're back this year with a new challenge, a new format, and a ton of flavor! Just check out our new, soon to be #1 single...

#SANTALYTICS in Broomfield

Danger on the micDanger on the mic

It was November 29th in Broomfield C-O-

On the eve of the blog fo Santalytics, yo!

December approachin, what's in store this year?

only the gift of season, made with love right here!

Flash back to Inspire when y'all wanted these

A periodic table in 'Alteryx-ese' -

I turned to @MattD with a nod and a wink,

compiled some data, and a minute to think

He picked the task up... mock it up in tableau?

pffffft that's wack - uh uh, hell no!

This is a job for Alteryx -  I know it can be done.

We'll pitch to community - they make everything fun!

We signed up for inno days cause it just seemed right -

heads down, tunes on, for 2 days and 2 nightsOur thought leader can rhyme!Our thought leader can rhyme!

When I got to the reporting tools, how could it be?

like a gift from Santa, the applause was for me!

It's building time in 'alteryx-ese'

first we download data and P-N-Gs

Prep and blend, sort and join a breeze.

Community put the gifts under Christmas trees

Decorate the table with colors so bright

blocking tools, macros, yellow threads alright!

In the top box is the tool rank,

beneath it the icon and connection anch.

A three-part series from our training team,

found in weekly challenge where we post and dream!

Layin down the trackLayin down the track

Share so loud and proud we hear it!

On twitter on community we wanna see it!

It's Santalytics time and we got the spirit!

Mad skills chillin, the solution's out

and that's what community is all about!

I'm T-to-the-MC with the mic in my hand -

and I'm chillin and coolin just like a snowman.

so give it a try, send us your cheer

earn a badge and cool Alteryx gear!

The Challenge

We are crowd-sourcing the Periodic Table of Alteryx Tools! We'll give you data and all the assets you need. We'll guide you through the process in a 3-part series. We'll share how we did it in Alteryx and welcome you to share how you did it too. Each week we will blog about our solution and feature community members' solutions too. We cannot wait to see how you'll lay out your table. 

tooposter1200.png

Important Dates

December  4, 2017: Part 1

December 11, 2017: Part 2

• We'll reveal our part 1 solution and highlight your solutions right here in an Engine Works blog. 
  • Part 2 will be posted in Weekly Challenge

December 18, 2017: Part 3

• We'll reveal our part 2 solution and highlight your solutions in Engine Works. 
  • Part 3 will be posted in Weekly Challenge

December 27, 2017: Recap and Awards

• We'll reveal our part 3 solution and highlight your solutions in Engine Works. 
  • Badges will be awarded and prizes too

santalytics2017.png

#SANTALYTICS is an all-inclusive, non-denominational, festive excuse for some friendly competition using Alteryx.  Participation is voluntary and creativity is encouraged. By submitting  your solution to any of the 3-part series, you'll be awarded with the #SANTALYTICS 2017 badge and a very special prize for your efforts. Now let's have some fun!

We were inspired by Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis, the all-time best holiday song ever.  Thank you to @DanM for the video and his brother, Jacob for producing the sick beats, and the Alteryx faithful in Broomfield, CO. 

Tara McCoy

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Tara McCoy is the Creative Director at Alteryx. Since joining Alteryx in 2004, Tara has held roles in Product Management, Content Engineering, and Community where her focus has always been on delivering an amazing product experience with Alteryx. From designing product icons and community badges, procuring excellent swag, concocting engaging contests, and crowdsourcing content from internal and external Alteryx advocates alike, Tara is dedicated to the Alteryx brand and wants everyone to experience the thrill of problem solving with Alteryx.

Comments