Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

metrics highlight blog.pngThe Alteryx Community looked pretty different when I joined as Community Manager back in January 2017. For starters, we were on the cusp of reaching 7k members and averaging just 2,000 new posts per month. Fast forward three and half years, and the metrics speak for themselves.          

It's hard to believe that we now have over 150,000 members, and in April alone the community generated more than 9k posts!

In addition to the astounding growth in numbers, we've seen a great deal of expansion in consumption and collaboration as you, our members, come together to support each other, submit ideas for our platform, advance your analytical capabilities through Alteryx Academy, and tune in to the Alter Everything podcast week after week. With all that in mind, it's shouldn't come as a surprise that we've invested a great deal into growing both the team and the expertise required to support you on your journeys with Alteryx. 

In the past year we welcomed several new team members including, @FláviaB and @StephV, who day in and day out advocate on behalf of our international communities; @KylieF who has driven the transformation of product ideas from a black hole to a well oiled machine of top notch innovation; @TreyW & @sachink have pushed the boundaries of what we thought was possible with the community platform; And @SusanCS hit the ground running publishing great content to inspire the masses.

Recognize that house?! Hint: Look at Will's t-shirt ;-)Recognize that house?! Hint: Look at Will's t-shirt ;-)Today, I am excited to officially introduce the newest member of the Community Management team, Will Machin (@WillM)!

Will comes to us with a wide range of Community Management expertise, most recently serving in a similar role at Higher Logic — a community platform company. During his tenure, Will drove the launch of a major software company’s Data Science + Analytics community and has experience running a variety of national & regional events with association customers on the power of community.

He’ll be working alongside Flávia and Steph to support day-to-day global community engagement initiatives, including revitalizing monthly community highlights and top contributor recognition programs, working closely with @TuvyL to support our growing ACE community, and collaborating across the larger Marketing + Community organization to ensure your experience here exceeds all expectations.

Speaking of expectations...

You can expect to see A LOT more of Will around the community, so I asked him a few questions to help you get to know him a little better.

Q: What are your favorite sports, games, hobbies, activities, etc?

Don’t really follow sports too closely, but maybe the Great British Bake-Off or something along those lines counts? I love cooking, hiking, architecture and design, travel, being outdoors, and hanging with my dog, Bear.

Bear, the cutest frenchy ever!Bear, the cutest frenchy ever!Q: What is the coolest place you’ve ever visited?

I think the coolest place I’ve ever visited is probably Glenstone. I’m a big museum nerd. It’s a contemporary art museum outside of DC that seamlessly integrates nature, large scale installation art, and architecture over 230 acres of land. It’s a pretty incredible experience because tickets are limited so it never feels crowded and it’s basically your own private art park while you’re there.

Q: If money wasn’t an object, where would you live?

I would have so much trouble choosing a location, but if money were really no object, I would probably live on The World ocean liner since I could then constantly travel and just visit different places all over at my leisure.

We couldn't be more excited to have Will on board, and look forward to what the future brings! Please comment below to give a warm Alteryx Community welcome to your new Community Manager!

Visit the updated Meet the Community Team page to learn more about all of the amazing people behind the scenes working to make the Alteryx Community as best as it can be.

Leah Knowles
Senior Manager, Community Management & Programs

Leah is responsible for building and growing engagement programs that enable community members to make the most of the Alteryx product suite. She is passionate about building customer communities to collaborate and solve real world business problems, and believes that connecting with people and building relationships leads to better work. Follow her on twitter @LeahMKnowles

Leah is responsible for building and growing engagement programs that enable community members to make the most of the Alteryx product suite. She is passionate about building customer communities to collaborate and solve real world business problems, and believes that connecting with people and building relationships leads to better work. Follow her on twitter @LeahMKnowles

Comments
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the team @WillM ! I'm loving having you around!

lharder_AFG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Welcome @WillM !! You have already done so much to help Alteryx For Good! I agree, Bear is the cutest Frenchy, ever! 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome @WillM !

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome, welcome, @WillM! Let the fun begin! 

olacey

Bienvenido @WillM !

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome @WillM ! So glad to have you onboard!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  So excited to be here and get to know everyone in the community!

TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So happy to have you here, @WillM!!