Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
AlexKo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey there Community. Good to see you. It's been a little while. But enough small talk - let's talk about the exciting platform changes we've been working on for you.

Alter.Nation blog.png

The Alter.Nation goes Global

Bonjour! Guten Tag! Kon'nichiwa!

We're excited to launch our new global Alteryx Community with three new localized Community sites: French, German, and Japanese!

These are baby Communities for the moment, so they will need some nurturing and love to help them learn to fly. Check them out and tell your multi-lingual friends! (And if you want to get involved in those Communities, let us know over at community@alteryx.com! Who knows - you may get some sweet limited-time-only swag out of it...)

You can check out the different languages with our fancy new language switcher in the top-right:

switcher.gif

New Version Notation

New year, new us! It's 2019 and we're moving to a new release cycle centered around regular major releases every 6-8 weeks. This will let us cram in more (and bigger) stuff into each release.

How does it work? Just like our Alteryx product releases, we'll use the year in our versioning system. What's different is that we release more often than once a quarter, so our major release indicator won't represent the quarter of the year, but what number release we are on for that year.

• Major Release: YY.N – where YY is the 2-digit version of the year, and N designates the nth release of that year
  • Minor Release: YY.N.m – same as for the major release above, with a further distinction m for the patch release

For example, so far this year:

1. Community version 19.1 was launched on January 17th
  2. Community version 19.2 was March 8th

Certifiably Awesome

cert_badges.png

We’ve never seen so many people excited to take an exam before, and by golly we won’t let a monthly registration process hold you back!

Community version 19.2 will empower you to take control of your certification destiny (insert trumpets here) with a beautiful new automated process for taking the Alteryx Designer Core & Advanced Certification exams on-demand!

certification.gif

How does it work?

• Instead of registering and receiving an email with the link to the exam, now you just log in to your Community account, go to certification.alteryx.com and click the button to take the test directly.
  • The Community will keep track of what exams you have access to, when your certifications are going to expire, as well as when you are eligible to re-certify after a year.
  • If you need to take the exam multiple times, you'll be allowed to do so after 7 days, with no limit to the number of attempts you have to pass.
  • When you pass, the Community will award you your shiny new Certification Badge instantaneously. (The email with your certification pdf will still come after a slight delay, approx. 24 hours.)
  • Visit the Certification page for more details and to get certified today!

Use Cases get Amplified

What's better than finding that perfect example of how someone used Alteryx to do the thing that you want to do? We're talking about real stories of how companies use Alteryx to save thousands of hours, millions of dollars, and billions of stress-balls. Definitely some interesting stories about how customers have had game-changing experiences with Alteryx. I'd rank it right up there alongside watching red pandas play in the snow.

That's why Community version 19.2 includes a revamped Use Cases page to help make it easier to find exactly what you're looking for, with enhanced searching and more categories to choose from, such as role and geography.

usecases.gif

We also had to make sure we included some details about Advocacy.Amplified, an exciting new program that rewards customers for advocating for Alteryx. Advocates are amazing folks that are active in the Alteryx community of users - endorsing the platform, taking a call from a prospect, presenting at User Groups, or sharing their stories in a video or a Use Case. Yep, you see the theme, we will reward you for your Use Case story! Join in the fun and check out the sidebar on the Use Cases page for some more information about the program!

Pssst - you didn't hear it from me but if you become an advocate you can score a sweet hoodie and a shiny new badge.

advocacy.amplified.swag-1.pngadvocacy amplified badge.png

Off to the ACEs

I don't know about you, but I can't count the times that an ACE helped me figure out a tricky problem. These folks are the real deal. Because we love our ACEs and are always on the lookout for more talented solvers, we made sure to give the ACE Program some attention in 19.1.

Think you got what it takes? Fill out the nomination form and prepare yourself for whatever @TuvyL has in store for you (she's very scary, be afraid).

aces.gif

"Electronic Mail"

Gonna be honest, it really hurt my feelings when a someone told me that "the 90's called and they want their email notification template back." There's nothing wrong with the no-frills style in my opinion.

old email.PNG

You know, it does... kinda feel like I'm selling a couch on Craigslist.

Ok, maybe you guys have a point.

Never fear though! @LeahK has a much more discerning eye than I do, and was all over it. She wrangled our graphic design folks and they came up with some snazzy new email templates for our 19.1 release.

new email.PNG

This is just a taste of what we've done so far. If you're curious about the rest, check out our Version History for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

A badge!  Sure thing.  I'll complete a survey.  SWAG!  I'll do it now!

Cheers,

Mark