Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In just three and a half years since the launch of Alteryx Community, we've seen a great deal of growth in consumption and collaboration as you, our customers, come together to support each other, explore new use cases to deploy at your organizations, submit ideas for our platform, and advance your analytical capabilities through learning and certification. In addition to this rapid growth, we're also just dipping our toes into expanding the availability of Community resources globally.

With all that in mind, it's shouldn't come as a surprise that we've invested a great deal into growing both the team and the expertise required to help us scale our Community efforts worldwide. In addition to the raw size of the community team - which has grown from zero to 17 in less than four years - we will continue to expand our capabilities to support the wide range of needs from customers, partners, associates, and the analytics industry as a whole.

With our hearts and minds focused on the future, it is my pleasure to announce the most recent additions to the Alteryx family! Join me in welcoming @OlivierLP, @BowK, and @JeffS to the Community team!

OlivierLP-blog.pngOlivier Le Pord

Senior Director, Global Community

Olivier joined us in April 2019 and is thrilled to have the opportunity to engage with such passionate Alteryx users! The majority of his experience working in Community Management comes from his tenure at Autodesk, where he spent 10 years managing their global community in various roles. He started out focusing on non-English language emerging markets, and eventually became the Global Community Manager overseeing moderation, platform administration, engagement activities, and several programs aimed at better serving customers. Fun fact: Olivier was born in France and has spent more than half of his life outside his home country, including several years in Central and West Africa.

BowK-blog.pngBow Techataveekijkul

Customer Advocacy & Community Lead, APAC

Bow started her career in communications and advertising working as a social media and Community Manager for a PR Agency in Bangkok. When making the move to Singapore she continued pursuing her passion for customer experience, working for Intuit Singapore in the social media and community space. In her spare time, she enjoys Aerial acrobatic arts and pole dancing. Bow will be focusing her efforts on nurturing and growing our communities in the APAC region, most notably our Japanese language community. Fun fact: As part of a home stay program in the countryside of Hokkaido Japan, Bow spent time teaching school kids about different cultures and digging up LOTS of potatoes.

Jeff Stroud-blog.pngJeff Stroud

Director, Community Operations

Jeff is our Director of Community Operations, leading the efforts surrounding the development and operations of the underlying community technology that powers the Alteryx Community. He joined Alteryx at the end of 2018, coming with a lengthy background in delivering, managing, and supporting online communities.

Fun fact: Many MANY years ago, Jeff worked as a volunteer moderator on the Playstation forums!

We couldn't be more excited to have these incredibly talented people on board, and look forward to what the future brings! Please comment below to give a warm Alteryx Community welcome to our new team members!

Visit the updated Meet the Community Team page to learn more about all of the amazing people behind the scenes working to make the Alteryx Community as best as it can be!

Leah Knowles
Senior Manager, Community Management & Programs

Leah is responsible for building and growing engagement programs that enable community members to make the most of the Alteryx product suite. She is passionate about building customer communities to collaborate and solve real world business problems, and believes that connecting with people and building relationships leads to better work. Follow her on twitter @LeahMKnowles

Leah is responsible for building and growing engagement programs that enable community members to make the most of the Alteryx product suite. She is passionate about building customer communities to collaborate and solve real world business problems, and believes that connecting with people and building relationships leads to better work. Follow her on twitter @LeahMKnowles

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Welcome @OlivierLP , @BowK  and @JeffS to the community!  First things first, there's a test for you.

85 = ?

101 = ?

54 = ?

Spoiler
Hint:  48 = Trade Area

Using only the community resources, you should be able to answer these numeric questions.  If you can answer before @Kenda or @NicoleJohnson I will be duly impressed.  I look forward to meeting you at #Alteryx19 and helping you to continue to grow this fantastic community.

Cheers,

Mark

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@patrick_digan and I have put in countless hours to prepare for this exam. Hopefully our hard work pays off and we get an A+

Spoiler
85 = Test
101 = Make Group
54 = Fuzzy Match

... All tools that I rarely use. Although maybe I should brush up on them before the Grand Prix next month!
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

... And this is why @Kenda is going to crush it at the Grand Prix in 4 weeks. :)

Welcome to the Community team, @OlivierLP@BowK & @JeffS!! SO excited to see the way the Community continues to invest and grow to enable customer success across the globe. We're happy you're a part of the Community fam!

NJ

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I tried my best but I ended up looking at @Kenda's spoiler thinking there might be another hint. Doh!

Thank you for the welcome(s)! Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime if you have suggestions for the community :)

OlivierLP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, 

Thank for the kind note... and the spoiler :-)

BowK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! As I'm based in Singapore, I probably won't be very fast in answering the quiz ... (is it an excuse?).

Happy to be here!!!