Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

pairwise comparisons

jbuszin
8 - Asteroid

I can't believe I'm not finding the easy solution here. I have three groups: a control group, a group that got product A, and then a group that got product B. There has got to be a way to test the differences across all groups rather than running separate t-tests (which introduces type I error several times). If my outcome is the percent of people who were contacted, I want to see if the percent is different across groups.

Control Group % who were contacted: 10%

Product A group % who were contacted: 25%

Product B group % who were contacted: 33%

I shouldn't have to run a t-test comparing control to A, then another comparing control to B, and then a third comparing A to B. I know the method is pairwise comparisons but I'm not finding how I can do this in alteryx and I've looked on the community and surprisingly the answer seems to be "you can't" but this is not a rare statistical test!

11 REPLIES 11
DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This macro is specifically oriented to a categorical outcomes. The right way to address continuous outcomes modifying the current Test of Means tool to correct the p-values for multiple comparisons. Since it involves modifying an existing tool, it makes sense to put in a feature request for that.

Dan

dmccandless
8 - Asteroid

Here's an example solution that doesn't involve a macro.

Pretend you're managing a telephone marketing campaign. For each lead to be called you have their wireless phone number and their wireline phone number. You want to know if there's a higher proportion of calls with sales made on wireless vs. wireline, and the confidence about if there is a statistically significant difference.

All you to run the workflow are a binary categorical variable (in my case, wireline vs. wireless contact number) and a Boolean response code (in my case, sale made on the call or not).

Labels