Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating Xml in Report charting Tool

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

In the charting tool there is a section to add series formulas so you can change the style color based on a variable. Style.JPG

Now I have about 100 differnent formulas i want ot put in there so i can customize the colors of each coloum based on Name.

How do I add a SeriesFormula to the the API

Api.JPG

I can create the info needed for each Formula Group "Formula2, Formula3". But how do I add it in there?

6 REPLIES 6
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@tyler_sassara In order to update that information for each of the fields, you would need to create a macro to execute the Action tool to update each variable and each Series. So if you wanted to update the DataPointTextColor and the SeriesColor, you would have to have an Action tool for each action and for each series, so a total of 4 Action tools to update a Series1 and Series2. You would then need to use an Interface tools to update the Action tools for each Series.

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

Under the SeriesFormulas if you create a new rule in the chart it adds another Formula Group, "Formula2"

I'm trying the create a new Formula group in the Series of formulas. That would hold all the @ data that is assoicate with it The i can use action tools to update the @ Data. That way I would end up with 100 formulas. 

I can go in and update existing info in "Formula1"  with action tools but I font know how to add a new Formula Group.

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

Under the SeriesFormulas if you create a new rule in the chart it adds another Formula Group, "Formula2"

I'm trying the create a new Formula group in the Series of formulas. That would hold all the @ data that is associated with it The i can use action tools to update the @ Data. That way I would end up with 100 formulas. 

I can go in and update existing info in "Formula1"  with action tools but I font know how to add a new Formula Group.

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

I'm trying the create a new Formula group in the Series of formulas. That would hold all the @ data that is associated with it The i can use action tools to update the @ Data. That way I would end up with 100 formulas. 

I can go in and update existing info in "Formula1"  with action tools but I don't know how to add a new Formula Group.

I have all the @ data I just wish I could cut out that data and paste in mine.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@tyler_sassara unfortunately, we don't have that option. The configuration needs to exist in the tool to do that. You would then be able to update them with the Action tool. If you were able to update that information like you wanted, it would actually not be supported and if you had any issues with it, Alteryx would not be able to assist.

tyler_sassara
7 - Meteor

I think that would be a nice addition rather then adding a formula then changing the color, fonts, and size, for every single value. I had to do it for one of our automated maps that has 80+ of unique values that need to always be the same color every time the app was run and it was a nightmare. Thank you for the info.

Labels