Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unzip Access .mdb

willhogan5
5 - Atom

I have several files with 2 .mdb files each. I would like to:

Unzip and rename the .mdb with the original name of the file included in the .mdb.

IE. A file name PL0400 has a zip file called work. In the work file there are two .mdb files, abc.mdb and efg.mdb. I would like to name the files PL0400_abc.mdb and PL0400_efg.mdb.

I have tried to unzip one file but I get an error: "error reading abc.mdb":Too many fields in record #23

I am using a file input with the input as PL0400 connected to a Run Command using winzip

1 REPLY 1
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @willhogan5,

This type of error most often occurs when reading in CSV files.  Please see the following article in our Knowledge Base:  Error reading "FILEPATH\MYFILE.txt" Too many fields in record #.

That being said, our .zip file support only supports certain file types, of which .mdb is not one:  https://help.alteryx.com/11.7/index.htm#DataSources/ZipFiles.htm?Highlight=zip.  I'm thinking you're choosing to read other files as CSV.  I can work around the error message by setting the delimiter to no delimiter (\0) and treating read errors as warnings.  However, the data read in is not standard text and cannot be used.

Your problem is likely best solved by a batch script.  SS64 is a great command line reference!

Jerad Rades

Customer Support Engineer

Labels