Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tool: Model Comparison

JHFongSF87
6 - Meteoroid

When I am running the workflow for the Model Comparison macro, this error shows up "Error in plot.new()". This is when I am initializing the macro. Due to this when I run the model comparison tool, the Confusion Matrix Section of the report is missing. Anyone know how to fix this? I am currently enrolled in Udacity's Predictive Analytics for Business Analysts if that provides context.

Loading in the macro from Predictive District:

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 9.14.45 AM.png

Running a Decision Tree and validating model with 70/30 split:

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 9.24.30 AM.png

Report:

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 9.24.36 AM.png

18 REPLIES 18
jestefan
5 - Atom

@JHFongSF87

Hello! I am not sure you still remember this topic, but in case you do, I will really appreciate your help since I have EXACTLY the same issue concerning the Model Comparison tool - I am also doing the Udacity Nanodegree, using  Windows via VirtualBox, and I get the same error messages when I run the macro just after installing it.

=> If you remember what you dit to solve this point ( I hope you did! ) your help will be more than welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Jésica

jogeo555
5 - Atom

Did anyone find a solution to this? My Model Comparison tool always produce "Error in plot.new()". I am running Alteryx 11 in an Oracle VirtualBox environment running Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. (Note: I am doing the Business Analyst Nano Degree program through Udacity and the projects heavily use Model Comparison Tool).

Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

Posting this for anyone else that may have received the plot.new error.

I was receiving this plot.new error also. For my scenario I had copied the macros to a network share and mapped a path to the network share in the user settings. I hadn't copied over the 

svm_forest_boosted_donor_model.yxdb or New_Donor_test.yxdb files. When I added them to the network share the plot.new error disappeared.

In other words, make sure the .yxdb files are in the directory along with the macros.

mcarrico
9 - Comet

I was battling this error for the last month and wanted to post my solution for anyone else running into the problem.  I tried some of the other recommendations, but was still unable to get the model comparison tool to run.  Like several others in this thread, I was working on a virtual machine, to which IT had not allocated many resources. I had plenty of hard disk space for the required temp files, but asked them to increase memory and CPU allocation to be more in line with the recommended system requirements posted on the website (https://www.alteryx.com/techspecs).  After they did this, no more error in plot.new().  

Hopefully this helps someone else out, and if any Alteryx employee who sees this has access to the Udacity nanodegree, it might be worth putting a note in this section of the course document as this could be a major deterrent for anyone trying to work their way through that program.

PDACOSTA
5 - Atom

I have installed the Model Comparison Tool after much work but I cannot see it in the tool palette. I have searched but it doesn't show in there either, as if I had not run the workflow, which I did, succesfully.

Please help!!!

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@PDACOSTA

You should setup a macro location in your user settings found under Options. You can then save any downloaded or created macros there and they should show within your tool palette in the correct tool category if one has been applied in the Meta Info. I just tested the the Model Comparison by downloading it from the Public Gallery and saving the yxmc to my macro folder location and the tool shows in my Predictive tools.

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.1/index.htm#Getting_Started/GlobalSettings.htm

PDACOSTA
5 - Atom

Thank you! That worked!

jestefan
5 - Atom
Great! :-)
yclian
6 - Meteoroid

the Confusion Matrix Section of the report is missing

In my case, switching the Decision Tree tool version (right click on it) to 1.0 solved my problem.

Labels