Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Study Interface Tools

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

Can anyone share some tips in learning the interface tools? If there are any practice questions, it will be great.

Thank you so much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
ivoller
12 - Quasar

There are Macro and App challenges in the weekly challenge at https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

These are great for practicing and have the benefit that you can see how different people have taken different approaches to solve the same problem.

I also think that the scripting and automation tools section of the help samples are a great way to learn.

Searching the community pages for questions about macros will provide a lot of interesting real life problems that people have faced that have been answered with the use of macros. Most of these will have sample workflows including the interface tools.

Check out the Crew macros. Not only are they very useful but if you open them up (right-click on tool | Open) you'll see neat ways of implementing complex processes. A lot of the standard tools are also macros that you can open to inspect.

Finally, for me, the best way to learn was by taking a repetitive task and forcing myself to write a macro to do it. I found it quite frustrating to start with until I got the hang of it but very rewarding once I got something working.

Cheers,

Iain

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ivoller! This is very helpful!

Labels