Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spatial Analytics - Points within a Radius

StephenG
6 - Meteoroid

Hello guys,

I have 2 sets of data both containing postcodes.

I want to input one set of postcodes, create a radius around these postcodes and then see how many of the second set of postcodes sets fall within each of the original post codes radius.

I can get this to show on a map by doing spatial matching but how can I decipher the count of how many fall into each individual postcode radius?

Many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
andre347
10 - Fireball

Could you share some screenshots or maybe a packaged workflow? You would generally use a summarize tool after you spatial processing in order to Count the postcodes but this depends a bit on how your data and workflow is layed out.

Thanks

Andre

StephenG
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Andre, Of course this is how it looks currently - appreciate it is a bit of a mess as-is.

Basically I can find how many points are inside my radius both visually and as a collective (using summarize). However I cant figure out how to count based on each specific radius (there are roughly 50)

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you group by radius (using a unique ID) first, then it will give that count for each specific radius.

Capture.JPG

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

StephenG
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks everyone very helpful

Labels