Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run set of code based on checkbox

taranoberoi
7 - Meteor

Hi All- I have 2 workfloes which take input from User one in the form of text box and other as a file input. Now I want that there should be checkbox based on which one set of code should run. Like if user selected checkbox then set of code 1 should be activated(which mean textbox input) and code 2 should be disbaled(file input).

Capture.PNG

Kindly help with this. any example would be really helpful.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Sorry about that!  I missed a critical step - connecting the "True" condition to the action that updates the text input and input data tools.  Because the condition wasn't tied to the actions, the action kept trying to run even though the tool it was updating was disabled.  Adding the "T" evaluation of the condition as a connection to the action enforces that dependency.

I've attached a "final" version here.  It should resolve the issue (I ran it and got an error because I didn't update your file locations.  I'd expect it to work on your machine).

taranoberoi
7 - Meteor

Thank you. It is working fine. You know the more I work i have learned different way of doing one thing. I see the solution you provided make perfect sense thank you and appreciate your help.

Thulasi
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

In this from the final app, we can see the two options as a radio button, instead of that, is it possible to create the same as a dropdown for that 2 options?

Thanks in advance.

Regards ,

Thulasi

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sure can. You'll just need 2 action tools coming from the dropdown, One for each container. In the Action tool, select 'Update Value with formula' and put in a formula such as:

IIF([#1]=='<Your first option>','False','True')

This will Set 'Disable Container' to False if the Dropdown has the relevant option.

Thulasi
8 - Asteroid

thanks for the reply.

now, the file browse needs to be visible after selecting the particular option from the drop down.is this possible?

thanks,

thulasi

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If it's a different question, best off posting separately so that all users get the opportunity to see the message and offer solutions rather than just the handful of people who have responded to this question.

If you are talking about displaying the Browse tool in the app interface, that's not possible.

If you are talking about exposing the Browse after the App is run, that is possible. The configuration as to what to show on completion is via the Interface Designer.

Thulasi
8 - Asteroid

ok thank you.

I posted my doubt separately in the community. so please go through that.

as I mentioned its about the exposing of file browse after selecting the data from the drop down, not the browse tool.

thanks

thulasi

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Ah right, replying to that now, sorry my initial response was more to the disabling of checkboxes, rather than changing the interface. I didn't go back and look at the specifics of the earlier responses, just the subject of the post...

mihaelaIC
5 - Atom

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this issue? How? I am struggling with the same and I didn't find any workaround.

Labels