Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R - Can you set up a R Model for later use by test cases to minimize the time to run....

kconner
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am designing an App that utilizes a Random Forest & Nearest Neighbor Model to give a predicted Net Revenue value & nearest comparisons for some input data.

The model works great (yay Alteryx), but I am wondering if I can 'separate' the model part and the input data testing to improve performance as it takes about 3 mins now.

What I would like to do is similar to traditional R modeling where I make the model and run it. Then with the input data, I just call it against the model and the result is calculated in a minimal time. Is there a way to store this already run Forest Model for a quick run later?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kconner,

Absopositively!  When you build the model, you can output the model to a yxdb file.  Now you've got a static model.  When it comes to scoring within the next workflow, you can input the model object (yxdb) and proceed to score the data without reconstructing the model.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels