Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pop up messages after a wortkflow

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

Crrently I am working in a Macro in Alteryx.

I wonder if there is a way to show some information once the worklow is done. For instance a pop up window to show number of records or amounts, etc.

I see there is an icon named "Message" under the "Developer" menu, but I have not figured out how to use it for this purpose.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JorgeVazquez

I would recommend ticking the 'show all macro messages' within the runtime window of the workflow properties window (click on the white canvas to see this).

This should show you more information from within the macro itself.

2017-02-07_17-37-12.png

To insert dummy values into the macro you can also run it in 'debug' mode within the interface designer (View>>interface designer).

2017-02-07_18-20-10.png

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor

Hi @JordanB,

Thank you for your answer.

I am looking to show customized messages using the outcome of my workflow. Is that possible?

Thank you!

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JorgeVazquez

If I understand correctly when the workflow finishes you would like you would like to have a pop out window to the user, rather than seeing the data within the results. If so, you will have to use a run command tool to create this. I have attached a workflow which shows you how this could wok within an app. 

All you will need is to attach the run command tool at the end of the workflow so it pops out when the workflow finishes.

***Disclaimer: This workflow does have a run command tool in it, so depending upon your Machine setup it may prevent this workflow from running.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

JorgeVazquez
7 - Meteor

Thank you @JordanB,

I will try this in my workflow.

Regards.

clindsay15
5 - Atom

I found this to be very useful. I do have a question though. I am trying to set this up in a macro. The macro creates an API and I have created two different messages. One for when macro results in zero API calls, and another with the count of API calls if it is above zero. For some reason, when running as a macro, I get an error "cscript.exe" returned an error code: 1, but when I run the macro by itself as a workflow the script works fine. Any idea what might be going on here?

deepaprash
8 - Asteroid

Love this!!!

Labels