Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Optimization Tool - Use Field Mapping for input

renatojose
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have some fields mapping and i want use this to input in a OPTIMIZATION TOOL. I don't know how start use field mapping in Optimization tool. If someone knows how it works, please help me. I didn't find a tutorial or an example on the internet.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

When you use the optimization tool you need to have the following input into the O anchor.

• variable: (Required) a string, decision variable names. Corresponds to x in the equations.

• coefficient: (Required) a number, coefficient of each decision variable in objective function. Corresponds to c.

• lb: (Optional) a number, lower bound of the decision variable. The default value is 0.

• ub: (Optional) a number, upper bound of the decision variable. The default value is Inf (positive infinity).

• type: (Optional) a character, the type of the decision variable, which can be C (continuous), B (binary), or I (integer). The default value is C.

In the event of using 'field mapping' you can select which of your data fields relates to the above.  Without using the field mapping the field names need to match exactly 'variable', 'coefficient' etc.  

Personally I prefer to name the fields variable, coefficient etc so that I can easily make checks on my data.  I would recommend looking at the help-->sample workflows-->prescriptive analytics then select the optimization workflows.

Thanks,

Nick

Labels