Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Neural network error

WonderHog
7 - Meteor

I am trying to run the attached workflow.  If I run it with a small (100,000) number of input records it seems to run fine (with some trunc error messages which don't seem to affect anything).  But increasing the number of input records (to 200,000) gets the following error:

Neural Network (10) Neural Network: Error in predLoess(object$y, object$x, newx = if (is.null(newdata)) object$x else if (is.data.frame(newdata)) as.matrix(model.frame(delete.response(terms(object)),  :

which is then followed by other errors such as " Score (5) Score: The argument was not a call object." in the scoring tool and " Sort (15) The field "Score_1" is not contained in the record." in the sort tools.  I have tried increasing the maximum number of weights (to 4000), but that doesn't seem to help.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

(I would paste the workflow here, but it doesn't want to paste.)

4 REPLIES 4
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @WonderHog

I believe the downstream errors you are getting in your Score and Sort Tools are because the Neural Network is not outputting a model and therefore the other tools don't have the proper inputs to work with. I think if we can resolve the Neural Network error, the other tools should work as expected. 

Can you try enabling Show All Macro Messages option under the Runtime settings in the Workflow Configuration window, and then posting a screenshot of the messages following the Neural Network (10) Neural Network: Error in predLoess(object$y, object$x, newx = if (is.null(newdata)) object$x else if (is.data.frame(newdata)) as.matrix(model.frame(delete.response(terms(object)), error in your Results window? 

2017-12-14_13-38-35.png

This will allow me to look at any additional error messages or warnings the R code is putting out, and hopefully give us a better idea of what is going on.

Thank you!

SydneyF - Customer Support Engineer

WonderHog
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response Sydney.  I ended up exiting Alteryx, and updated to the current version.  Now the neural network tool runs fine.

hisyam10
7 - Meteor

Hi. Sorry for bringing up and old post. I am currently experiencing the same error on my workflow when running a neural network model tool. I have updated my Alteryx Designer and also the Alteryx Predictive package using to the latest version but still encounter this error.

My Alteryx Designer version and Predictive Package version: 2020.3.5.30242

Below here are screenshots of the error and also the log messages from the Results window.

Error:

error 1.png

Error message with the "Show All Macro Messages" enabled:

error log message.png

Appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

JamieHankins
7 - Meteor

I am getting the same error when using Neural Network.

The data and inputs work for the Naïve Bayes tool, but not the Neural Network tool 

Labels