Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Modifying GeoIdentifiers

Jcdaniels
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking at this link:

https://help.alteryx.com/9.5/index.htm#Geographic_Identifiers.htm

I want to be able to modify these GeoIdentifiers such as "assign threshold" and "multiple designator". Where in Alteryx Designer can I actually change these variable/parameters/thresholds?

Thanks,

Josiah

2 REPLIES 2
EricM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Josiah,

To make changes to the GeoIdentifiers you'll need to navigate to your Alteryx data install directory and modify the appropriate GeoIdentifier file using a text editor such as Notepad++.

The GeoIdentifier files typically live here - C:\Program Files (x86)\Alteryx\DataProducts\Portfolio\ALTERYX_US_Experian_16B_16B\Data, but may be in a different location depending on your machine/install configurations.

The file extension for GeoIdentifiers is .demox.  When you open a .demox file in a text editor you should see something similar to the screenshot below.  Here, you can make adjustments to the thresholds, etc. You should make a backup copy of the original file, and be aware that if you install a data update you will need to copy over any custom settings to the new .demox file.

image.png

Jcdaniels
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Eric. Super Helpful!

Labels