Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Market basket to Network Analysis error

EddyPete
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have a workflow where data is sent through the Market Basket Rules and Inspect tools, and then prepped to go to the Network analysis tool. I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to resolve an error thrown by the Network Analysis tool, and can't find a resolution after finding discussions of this error in the community as well as on the web. The error is "Error: Network Analysis (20): Tool #4: Error in graph.data.frame(d = x, directed = directed, vertices = vertices) : ". Am I missing something? Thanks for taking a look at it.

4 REPLIES 4
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @EddyPete,

I would be happy to take a look and troubleshoot your workflow.  Unfortunately, when I opened your attached workflow, it looks like this:

HumanaCalgary01.png

If you could take a snapshot of your workflow and paste it into a reply, that would be very helpful.  (Alternatively, let me know which tools are represented by each "?").

EddyPete
6 - Meteoroid

That's interesting, and not is a good way. Attached is a screenshot. I'm using the Analytical tools add-in, which your setup may not have.

WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

All the values in your 'from' and 'to' ranges need to be accounted for in a named field.  So what I did was to modify (slightly) your Select tools coming out of the filter and going into the Union to have the same named field. 

The other think I had to do was change one of the configuration values in the Network Analysis tools.  On the 'Nodes' tab, I checked the 'Group Nodes' section and select infomap.community in the 'Choose Statistic' dropdown.

I've attached a modified version of your original workflow here. 

EddyPete
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @WayneW! That works beuatifully, and I understand better now how to set up a network analysis.

Labels