Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to forecast sales for multiple products at the same time

Oz
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to do an ETS forecast in Alteryx, however I have been struggling so far. The time series forecast in Alteryx provides me just one (probably total) forecast for the whole data series. What I need is an individual forecast for each of the products. I am enclosing an attachment with sample sales of several products. How would I be able to get a monthly forecast for each of the products until end of 2016?

Thank you very much,

Gorazd

9 REPLIES 9
BridgetT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Oz,

Your problem is exactly the reason that the new Time Series Forecast tools were created! The TS Model Factory tool allows you to generate models for multiple groups at once. You just need to specify which field contains the string identifying the groups. Then you can use the TS Forecast Factory tool to create your forecasts. If you want an example of how to use the tools, you should check out the TS Factory Sample. But if you still have any more questions about the tools, feel free to ask them here! (I created them.)

Best,

Bridget

Bridget Toomey

Research Scientist, Analytic Products

Alteryx
Oz
6 - Meteoroid

This is just great, thank you so much Bridget :)

BridgetT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You're welcome! Glad I could help! :)

Bridget Toomey

Research Scientist, Analytic Products

Alteryx
jdicleme
5 - Atom

Hi Bridget,

This looks like a great tool. Can you please described what is needed for the ETS model input? In the sample I see a file called sample model no covars. What is in this file?

Thank you,

Jon

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It is the model object that comes out of the "O" anchor of the TS Model Factory tool. The first example shows how you can connect the TS Model Factory tool directly to the TS Forecast Factory tool. The second example is meant to show that you can save the model object that comes out of the TS Model Factory tool (by using the Output Data tool), and then in a separate workflow use the model object along with the TS Forecast Factory tool to make your forecasts without needing to re-create the model with the TS Model Factory tool. From the Help documentation...

Input

• M: An Alteryx stream of ARIMA or ETS model objects generated by the TS Model Factory tool. Generally, you'll use the O output from the TS Model Factory tool as the M input. However, because the TS Model Factory tool produces some models using covariates and others without covariates, Alteryx recommends that you filter these models: use one TS Forecast Factory tool on the models with covariates and one on the models without them.

APL_dept
5 - Atom

Hi Bridget,

Is there a TS Filler Tool for multiple groups as well? Thanks.

- JX

danniemme
7 - Meteor

Looking to dl the TS Forecast Factory but I am getting a workflow only. In order to dl the actual tool, do I need to dl R tool ?

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes you'll first need to download/install the predictive tools with R. Here are the Factory tools:

TS Model Factory

TS Forecast Factory

And a sample that shows how to use them:

TS Factory Sample

dev_dixitt
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to Manually Configure ARIMA using the TS Model Factory for (p,d,q) ? 

Labels