Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Summary by group

sharon_liu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am new in this community. :) I would like to ask a simple question about field summary. Now I am working on a summary report of descriptive statistics for Demo data. We have more than 2 millions records and 200+ fields. i would like to have a summary reports based on each state. state is one of the fields on my demo data. The field summary tool under data investigation seems can be group by one certain field. Can anyone give me some suggestion? Thank you very much! Sharon

3 REPLIES 3
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sharon,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

Not totally clear on the question, but if I'm understanding correctly, I would simply use the Summarize tool to build out my own summary info for each state.

You would group by the state, and then for each column you could get the Sum, Min, Max, Average, etc.

sharon_liu
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you RodL! I have more than 200+fields for each state needs to be summarized at state/city level. Yesterday, I started to learning batch macro. i created a macro to produce a summary report of descriptive statistics for one state/city using field summary tool. And then insert this macro into my workflow. my workflow is simple, just input the list of state name, go through my field summary macro and then get the output. The output would be a summary of 200+ fields for each state. :) Sharon

Tibo
7 - Meteor

Would you share your macro Sharon, I'm trying to get the same thing done. Thanks. Tibo

Labels