Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Errors with AB Trends tool: data is not consistent with the test start date

emilio
5 - Atom

I am getting the following errors with the data I'm trying to pass through Ab Trends:

AB Trend (2) AB Trend: The range of the dates in the data is not consistent with the test start date and/or the number of periods to base the trend measure on and/or the reporting period of the data.

I have a test period that starts on April 29, 2016, 12 weeks of testing, and I'm trying to compare those 12 weeks to the year prior (2015). 

Capture.PNG

So I have included 12 weeks prior to April 29, 2015 for that extra data (a year + test period (12 weeks)). However I am still getting the error above without much insights after a few hours of chewing into it. 

Any help would be appreciated! Data included

6 REPLIES 6
emilio
5 - Atom

Data included. The formats, I believe, are correct. The issue, I think, is around the amount of data I'm including for a 12 week test period (12 weekly periods). My data includes over 2015 and 2016 so I'm unsure of why that is the issue (if it is).

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @emilio - Is this for the Udacity nanodegree program?  If so, Udacity has requested that you direct any technical questions to their forums. Other student may have had similar questions. You can also email the nanodegree support team at bizanalyst-support@udacity.com, and they'll make sure you question gets answered.  Thanks.

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Hi , I have the same case as I'm a student now in the same course can you guide me how did you solve this problem?

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

I mean how did Udacity respond to you when you email them?

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

I have the same problem , Udacity will take time to answer (1-2) Days can you help me how to solve it?

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @MAAbdullahAlMubarah  We strongly suggest that you reach out to Udacity support, as our licensing agreement specifies that they support the tools and curriculum/ coursework for your degree. Also, the troubleshooting process and resolution will help other students.

In the meantime, check out the AB Analysis sample workflow (Help> Sample Workflows> Predictive Tool samples> Predictive Analytics> 21_AB_Trend_Controls_Analysis_Sample) for an example of what each tool does, the required inputs and configurations, and how the tools work together.

Labels