Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error: Model Comparison (41): Tool #3: Error in names(scores) <- paste(score.field, "_", y

georgeliu1998
6 - Meteoroid

Having worked on this for several hours, but still not able to figure out what's wrong...So basically I want to use the model comparison tool to compare models for a classification task, but got this error in the model comparison tool: 

Error: Model Comparison (41): Tool #3: Error in names(scores) <- paste(score.field, "_", y.levels, sep = "") :

I have: imputed null values, confirmed variable names are valid and changed versions of logistic and decision tree tools to 1.0...still no luck, really got stumped here. Any help would be appreciated!

Please find attached the workflow and input file. Thanks.

George

2017-05-18_130406.png

6 REPLIES 6
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @georgeliu1998, I'm seeing dashes in your field names, and special characters in the fields themselves.  Once I changed the dashes to underscores, and removed the special characters (e.g. < £ - ) the workflow ran successfully.

georgeliu1998
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your prompt reply @CristonS 

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Apologies, I had detached the Boosted Model, since it was a regression and the other models were classification.

georgeliu1998
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you again Criston! 

This is really weird. I removed and added back the boosted model tool, now even without changing field names and remove symbols in field values, i can still run the workflow successfully. Would you be able to take a look at my workflow and let me know what might be happening? Appreciate it!

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @georgeliu1998, all I did was change the punctuation in the field names to underscores, and removed odd characters from the fields themselves.  Your workflow runs correctly for me, as is.

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

Great catches, I would also like to add that you need to name all of the models that you are comparing.

-If you do not name the models and/or the model names are the same, it will not run.

-Please see my graphic below.

-I had an issue where I had not named two of the model as the default was X, giving me two models with the name X and it error-ed out.

-Cheers!

Matt

Labels