Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Correlation coefficients missing

wmacooper4
7 - Meteor

I am attempting to use the Pearson correlation tool on my data.

I want to get the correlation between a binary variable and several numerical variables, type FixedDecimal 20.16.  The nature of these numerical variables is that they are the percentage breakdowns into each of my categories.  For example, if 20.17% of the grand total is in category A, it will show in the data file as 20.1700000000000.  But, if it is so small to be in scientific notation, I get a conversion error message saying that it is not a valid FixedDecimal.

The other issue is after the data passes through the Pearson correlation tool, the values for that category variable disappear, are all nulls.

Is there any manipulation that I can do to my data upfront so that I don't get the conversion errors?  If so, will this fix the problem of my data disappearing?  

What specifically makes my data disappear?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
wmacooper4
7 - Meteor

I figured it out on my own.  Disregard.

Labels