Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can you create a daily forecast in Alteryx?

jthompson789
8 - Asteroid

I'm pretty new to the forecast tool in Alteryx and wanted to know if I have only 8 months of  sales data and I want to predict out the next 30 days forecast by day is this possible?

8 REPLIES 8
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jthompson789,

Yes, you should be able to create a daily forecast for 30 days in Alteryx using some of the Time Series Tools, as long as your 8 months of sales data is daily as well. 

2018-02-02_10-40-37.png

Thank you!

SydneyF - Customer Support Engineer

jthompson789
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the help. The company I'm working for has just over 10 months worth of sales data and we do allot forecasting on sales based on days.

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

Hello,

What period and sub-period indicates in the output of ARIMA (daily) and TS forecast?

I have around 8 months of data starting from first day of the month of October and I am getting the below result as forecast. What is 31 and 3?

TS Forecast (Daily).PNG

- Nisarg

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@nisarg205

In order to answer that question we need to know what your ingoing data looks like.

What prediction period are you using? How many ingoing periods do you have already? and so on.

Ben

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

I'm attaching the input file and my workflow.

-Nisarg

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

In your instance period represents week, Sub_Period represents day of that week.

As you have your data at a day level, I would simply record ID the output then you can use the datetimeadd() function against the max date in your input data to calculate the date of the forecast. 

Also, in future, you can package a workflow and it's datasources together by going to 'Options' > 'Export Workflow'.

Ben

nisarg205
7 - Meteor

Thanks @BenMoss !

Labels