Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculating Quartiles using in DB

rats
6 - Meteoroid

Hey People,

I need to calculate quartile distribution on the sales quantity column. I have seen lot of post which describe how this can be done using summarize tool. problem I have is I am using in db tools which does not give flexibility to calculate percentile. I have recently started Alteryx and any help here would be greatlyappreciated. My dataset looks like below

Customer   Quantity

1                   2

2                   1

3                   4

4                   6

Thanks

RATISH

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The In-Db tool set includes Summarize and Formula tools. If you don't want to use only In-Db tools, you can use the Data Stream In/Out tools to bring your data from the In-Db tools to use the other "regular" Alteryx tools. A Tile tool would be handy in this case. In the Tile tool, use the "Equal Records" tile method and set the number of tiles to 4 for quartiles. 

Here's a link to the tool mastery series post on the Tile tool:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Tile/ta-p/30235

rats
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Charlie that helps.

Labels