Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Association analysis Error

sraja
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I am using association analysis to find which features are more significant than others to contribute to the target variable. My target variable is a categorical field- 1 and 0. 1= Yes and 0=No

When I use association analysis, and choose this field as the Target field and add '1' in the target level of interest and select rest of the fields, I receive an error: Error: Association Analysis (36): Tool #9: The provided target level is not one of the possible field values.

The value of 1 does exist for the target variable. Also, I marked this variable as a String in the 'Select' tool.

I am not sure how to proceed. Any insight provided would be helpful.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sraja,

Just to confirm, do you specify '1' or 1 as the target level of interest? If target field is not numeric and only contains 0 or 1 then these will be the only valid values (no quotes or double-quotes needed).

Example:

association_analysis_1.png

With a valid target level (either 0 or 1):

association_analysis_2.png

association_analysis_3.png

With an invalid target level ('1' is not matching any VS values):

association_analysis_4.png

association_analysis_5.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer

sraja
5 - Atom

Thanks Paul for your reply. It was very helpful. I was using '1' and I was able to get my association analysis to work with your help.

However, I also noticed that due to lot of missing values, the association analysis was giving me errors. I fixed it using the Imputation tool.

One more question- if I have categorical feature, association analysis using chi-square would not work. What algorithm should I use for this, as I want to find the most significant feature, which may include this categorical field.

Thank you so much for your help.

Labels