Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

App controls for Iterative Macro?

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Does anyone know how to control the constants or adjust maximum iterations of an iterative macro if it embedded in an Analytics app?

I am trying to allow a user of an analytic app the ability to control the maximum number of iterations. This app is used to check our database to see if data is available. Assuming it is not available  it needs to wait "x" seconds before it checks again. The number of times it needs to check can be adjusted by controlling the IterationNumber and/or the Maximum Number of Iterations. The idea is for the user to be able to customize the checks. Ex: I have 15 minute window between when the workflow kicks off and the deliverable time cannot be met. I want to check the database 3 x (iteration count) every 5 minutes (tapping into the Wait A Second Macro). Then if the data wasn't available send the developer a message and error out the workflow.

*The workflow this is embedded in must be an Analytic App because I am using a Tree interface tool to map out the schema, tables and key fields to be selected for checking.

No options to change IterationNumber or Iteration MaximumNo options to change IterationNumber or Iteration MaximumAdditional section to add to this macroAdditional section to add to this macroInside the macro in questionInside the macro in questionWorkflow Constants-IterationNumberWorkflow Constants-IterationNumber

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @andrewdatakim,

The easiest way will be to set a value in a filter tool from the interface and compare that to the IterationNumber Constant, sending all the data away from the Iteration Macro Output like below.

SetMaxIterations.png

Labels