Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx - Error in gzfile(file, "rb") : cannot open the connection

luan_i
5 - Atom

Dear Alteryx community,

I have problems to run R code in Alteryx. Whenever I run R code I get the following error" Error in gzfile(file, "rb") : cannot open the connection" (see the screenshot for an example). The problem started once I installed Visual Studio on my laptop. I have uninstalled now but the problem is still there.

Please let me know if anyone can help me to fix this issue.

Best Regards,

Luan

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @luan_i,

I haven't seen this error in the past, so I resorted to Google since the error is coming from R: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32270381/ggmaps-get-map-returns-error-in-gzfilefile-rb-cannot-op....

You may try uninstalling and reinstalling the Predictive toolset for your Alteryx version.  You can get the individual installer from downloads.alteryx.com/downloads.html.  Use the Previous Releases tab if you're on a version older than 11.7.

Jerad Rades

Customer Support Engineer

luan_i
5 - Atom

Thank you Jerad!

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Predictive toolset but didnt solve the issue. 

The issue got solved after I deleted the R folder saved under MyDocuments.

Best Regards,

Luan

Bala_DS
5 - Atom

Can share screenshots how you did it?

Labels