Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

AFG Resources

The Alteryx For Good program is currently being updated to better reflect our organizational values. Please be on the lookout for news regarding our new community presence in the future.

License Activation FAQ

AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Alteryx Designer Activation and Installation 

Q: Where do I download Alteryx Designer?

A: Alteryx Designer can be downloaded from the Licensing Portal at licenses.alteryx.com. To access the Designer download, you will first need to create an account in the Portal. When creating the account, you will be prompted to enter your license key provided to you by AFG. Entering the key at this stage will not actually activate the key, it will just associate your account with the AFG license group and provide access to the download.

Once the account has been created and you have logged in, the Designer download will appear on the left side of the main home page under Product Download (It may take a few minutes for the product to appear.)  From here, you can download Designer and then run the installation on your device. *You will have to enter your AFG license key again to activate the download of Designer.

Q: I have a Mac – how would I install Alteryx Designer? 

A: As Alteryx runs on Windows, there are two ways to install Alteryx on a Mac: 

1)      Use Boot Camp. 
2)      Use a virtual machine product (emulates Windows within macOS) like VMWare, VirtualBox (open source), or Parallels, among others. 

Note that any of the above solutions require a Windows license. This article goes through the pros and cons of the different approaches, as well as detailed installation instructions. 

Q: Do I have to be an Alteryx user to create an account in the Licensing Portal?

A: No, you do not have to be an Alteryx user to create an account at licenses.alteryx.com.

Q: How do I activate my AFG license key?

A: License keys are sent by email when the license is finalized by the AFG team. You can activate your AFG license key by opening Alteryx and selecting Options > Manage Licenses > Activate New License. From here, you will need to enter your license key and select Activate.

This article provides an overview of all things Alteryx licensing. This includes our prerequisites for installing and licensing Alteryx, an overview of different ways to activate, links to helpful guides, and how to best administrate your keys once activated.

The License Activation Overview document provides more detail on the different options for activating Alteryx licenses.

If you run into any issues during the activation, you can reach out to the Fulfillment team at fulfillment@alteryx.com to assist.

Q: What is the difference between the Admin and Non-Admin version of Designer? Which one should I download?

A: The Admin version of Designer will save files and information at the machine level. The Non-Admin version will save files and information at the user level. If you are an administrator on your machine and you have the correct permissions to save to your entire machine, you should download the Admin version. If you are not an administrator on your machine or if you have restricted permissions, you should download the Non-Admin version.

Q: Will my Alteryx license expire?

A: Yes, AFG Nonprofit, student, and educator licenses issue Alteryx Designer in 1-year increments. Your license will expire on the designated expiration date and you will not be able to continue using Designer. You can check the expiration date of your license by opening Alteryx and selecting Options > Manage Licenses.  We have a license renewal process for those who are still eligible to continue.

Q: Getting Started on the Alteryx Community: What is Alteryx Gallery and do I need an account?

A. The Alteryx Gallery is a cloud-based application where you can publish, share, and execute workflows. It is also the access point for the Alteryx Community.

Yes, you will need an Alteryx Gallery account to become a member of the Alteryx Community.

After you download your Alteryx Designer, we suggest you create an account on Alteryx Gallery. Please use the same email address you used when activating your Alteryx Designer license.

Helpful Links

Videos for Licensing

License Activation

Getting Started on the Alteryx Community

If you are having any other issues activating your license, email us at alteryxforgood@alteryx.com.

Comments
Franz
9 - Comet

Pls. note - the YouTube link does not work...

peggieaw
5 - Atom

Once the account has been created and you have logged in, the Designer download will appear on the left side of the main home page under Product Download (It may take a few minutes for the product to appear.) 

> It has been a few days but the product did not appear for me to download.