Welcome to the ADAPT Program. Read our ADAPT Program FAQ's if you have any questions.
As you advance through the training, check out the new Virtual Solution Center for ADAPT participants here.

ADAPT Program

A program built to upskill individuals whose employment status has been impacted by COVID-19.

ADAPT Program FAQ

AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Alteryx for Good ADAPT Q&A

Q: What is the ADAPT Program? 

A: Advancing Data and Analytic Potential Together (ADAPT) is intended for those who are impacted by COVID-19. As a result of changes in employment, we are providing resources and our Community-supported data science and analytics skills (from simple manipulation to prediction and forecasting with data) as well as a 90-day Alteryx Designer license for free.

Typically, developing the skills within the domain of data science and analytics can be challenging because the financial burdens of tools, expertise, and training can be costly, but not in this program! We will ensure you have all the resources and tools to be successful. Together We Solve!

Q: How will the ADAPT program help me succeed?

After completing the ADAPT program, participants can leverage their status as citizen data scientists and can re-enter the workforce with a more robust resume and skillset. With a global shortage of data scientists worldwide, these skills are in high demand and will well-equip you to prepare for re-employment. Even after program completion, you are able to continue your learning and sharpen your skills as a member of the Alteryx Community.

Q: What would I receive as a participant of ADAPT?

1. Upskill your analytics capabilities without the financial hurdles. Once accepted into the program, you’ll receive:
  • Access to a three-part course:
    • Intro to ADAPT/Data
    • Data Fundamentals and Core Certification
    • Predictive Analytics for the Business Analyst
  • Access to a 90-day license of Alteryx Designer
  • Access to thousands of data science and analytics experts, user groups and more resources within the Alteryx Community
  • 1:1 Alteryx associate support through the Virtual Solution Center

Q: How does the licensing work in the ADAPT program?

1. It is important to us that we can ensure you have access to our platform to execute world-class analytics. As a member of the program, you are eligible to receive up to two separate 90-day licenses. One 90-day license is provisioned after registering for the program, and another is delivered after Core Certification is passed while active on the ADAPT 90-day license from registration. Each of these licenses will be set with a fixed expiration date 90-days from the day either of these milestones is achieved. If a program member passes Core Certification 60-days into the program, an additional 90-days will be given from the date of certification to support enrollment in the 30-day free period provisioned via the Udacity Nanodegree program.  To be eligible to partake in the Udacity Nanodegree program, participants need to be enrolled in the Alteryx ADAPT program and pass Core Certification on or before December 31, 2020.  If enrolled in the Alteryx ADAPT program and passed Certification on or before December 31, 2020, Udacity will continue to provide the Nanodegree curriculum through January 31, 2021. 

Example:

A Member Registers on June 1st will receive a license with an expiration date 90-days later on August 30th. If the program member passes Core Certification (congrats!) 60-days after registration on July 31st, a 90-day key will be given on August 1st, with an expiration date of October 30 to support the 30-days on the Udacity Platform and additional AFG projects. In this scenario, the total time of license coverage of the program would be 150 days. 

Note: Program members who have not passed Core Certification within 90-days of the program will not be eligible to receive the additional license. If you are looking to maximize your license, we recommend not taking the Core Certification on the 90th day and risk failing and not qualifying for the second license (certification can only be attempted every seven days). If you find you have progressed through our program ahead of schedule and would like to continue hold an Alteryx For Good license to volunteer of non-profits, education, and other volunteer opportunities, please reach out to alteryxforgood@alteryx.com.

Q: Who can participate in ADAPT? 

1. Anyone whose employment status was affected by COVID-19 is eligible to apply to the ADAPT program. For example, those who are unemployed, furloughed, placed on leave, have reduced hours, etc. Individuals of all skill levels, including those who may not have had any prior experience with data, are encouraged to apply.

Q: What does it cost to participate in ADAPT? 

A: The only investment needed here is time – nothing else! 

Q: Should I share this with my friends, family, and peers? 

A: Please! Sharing experiences together can be one of the effective methods of learning! 

Q: How long will it take to finish the program? 

A: Pacing will be entirely up to each participant. If dedicating 1 hour a day, the program will take up to three months, but could be finished within a month with 40-hour weeks.  

Q: What will I need to participate in the program? 

A: You’ll need a computer with a Windows operating system (or Parallels on a Mac), an Alteryx Community account, and an Alteryx Designer license key (to be distributed by email after registration). 

Q: How do I register for the Alteryx Community 

A: Instructions for registering on Community will be provided through email when you receive confirmation of your ADAPT program participation.

PLEASE NOTE: If you already have a Community account, you need to verify that the name and email address match your ADAPT participant information for licenses purposes. If not or if your existing account was created with a professional email address, please contact community@alteryx.com to request a change to your personal email address. For identity verification purposes, you will be given directions to log into your account and send a private message to the Community administrator confirming the need for the email change.

Q: How do I install Alteryx Designer? 

A: When you register for the ADAPT program your download should begin automatically. Within 2-3 business days, you will receive confirmation of your 90-day license key as well as instructions to register on Community. If you are still having issues installing Alteryx Designer, the following documents should help you:

This article provides an overview of all things Alteryx licensing. This includes our prerequisites for installing and licensing Alteryx, an overview of different ways to activate, links to helpful guides, and how to best administrate your keys once activated.

The License Activation Overview document provides more detail on the different options for activating Alteryx licenses.

If you run into any issues during the activation, you can reach out to the Fulfillment team at fulfillment@alteryx.com to assist.

Q: I have a Mac – how would I install the Alteryx Designer? 

A: As Alteryx runs on Windows, there are two ways to install Alteryx on a Mac:
1)      Use Boot Camp
2)      Use a virtual machine product (emulates Windows within macOS) like VMWare, VirtualBox (open source), or  Parallels, among others. 

  

Note that any of the above solutions require a Windows license. This article goes through the pros and cons of the different approaches, as well as detailed installation instructions. 

Q: Who should I contact for help with the ADAPT program? 

1. If you have specific questions about the ADAPT program, please visit AFG's Discussion Page where you can post questions and view others’ responses.  You can also post general questions about the Alteryx for Good program to Community as well.

For any training-related questions, please contact academy@alteryx.com.

Finally, for any questions about Alteryx Designer, please direct them to our Designer Discussions board in Community.

Q: I joined ADAPT already Core Certified or I just got Core Certified. How do I get started in the Udacity Course?

A: At the end of every week, we will do a scan for all program members who got certified within the week and grant them an allowance to enroll in the Udacity Predictive Analytics for Business Nanodegree through December 31, 2020. If enrolled in the Alteryx ADAPT program and passed Certification on or before December 31, 2020, Udacity will continue to provide the Nanodegree curriculum through January 31, 2021. 

Note: Ensure your Community account uses the same email as you used to enroll in ADAPT or we might miss you!

In that email we distribute we will send you to a specific page on Udacity's site to acknowledge you are a member of the ADAPT program who has passed Core Certification and ask that you create a Udacity account using your program email. Udacity will process your account and grant 30 days of access to the nanodegree in 1-2 business days following account creation!

Q: How long do I have to complete the Udacity Nanodegree?
A: If enrolled in the Alteryx ADAPT program and passed Core certification on or before December 31, 2020, the nanodegree will be free for 30 days until January 31, 2021. The nanodegree is a very full course but can be completed if dedicating full days to learning predictive analytics.  Udacity has also designated scholarships for the ADAPT program as well. For those who show promise and progress quite far but are unable to complete in 30 days, they will award scholarships to help users complete. There is a limited number of scholarships and they are awarded at the discretion of Udacity.

Q: I didn't complete the core exam in the first 3 months and my license is now expiring. Can it be extended? 

AUnfortunately we are unable to extend the current free 3 month licenses past the original date of expiration due to the goal of the first license being to get core certified; which then participants are set to receive the extended 3 month license to use to complete the Udacity Nanodegree through January 31, 2021. As a reminder, studentseducators, and nonprofits are eligible for a free license through our Alteryx For Good program. I encourage you to continue to check out of Community space for additional resources and we wish you the best on your analytics journey!

Q: I passed my core certification! When will I get Udacity access? 

A: Every Friday through December 31, 2020, we submit all core certified users in the program to Udacity and send an email to users to enroll in Udacity's ADAPT nanodegree. Udacity will check them over the weekend/Monday and grant you the 30-day enrollment to the nanodegree through January 31, 2021. 

PLEASE NOTE: You must use the same email address when taking the core certification as when you signed up for the ADAPT program. 

Q: I am core certified working on the nanodegree and my first 3 month license is expiring soon, when will I get my extended license? 

A: Our workflow sends the core certified users the extended license key a few days before their current key is set to expire to ensure you get the most out of the six months. If enrolled in the Alteryx ADAPT program and passed Certification on or before December 31, 2020, Udacity will continue to provide the Nanodegree curriculum through January 31, 2021.