Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

Udacity so far...

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Hey, friends!

Quick update: I got Core certified about 3 weeks ago and have had my Udacity license for 2 weeks. 

Studying for Core, I gave myself a really bad and expensive case of dry eye, so I just started the Udacity course a couple days ago. 

Somehow I missed all the training material and thought I was just being thrown to the wolves with full projects. Much relieved when I realized my error! 

It became clear that I need a stronger foundation in statistics before continuing. Luckily, Udacity provided a link to their free Statistics course. So that’s what I’m doing now and probably for 3-4 more days. This statistics course is extremely helpful and really holds your hand if you need that. 

So that will leave me about 2 weeks to do the actual Predictive analytics course. Not sure I can finish in that amount of time, but I plan to learn as much as I can anyway, can’t hurt! 

If you pass Core and are waiting that 5-7 days for the Predictive key, the Udacity statistics course would be a good use of time, or check out the Alteryx Training videos on Data Investigation and Predictive. 

Hope you are all well- you got this! 

StellaBon

5 REPLIES 5
DBoyer
7 - Meteor

When starting the Udacity program, I did the same thing. After completing my second project, I realized that I missed all of the lessons. Luckily, working through Alteryx lessons throughout the ADAPT program and doing some of the weekly challenges, I had a good enough understanding to work through the project. Going forward I am sure the lessons will help!

Leeia_I
9 - Comet

Thanks for that useful info! I was concerned with the whole statistics thing too. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @StellaBon ,

Thank you for your feedback, that's really nice !

I hope you'll learn as much as you can even if you can't finish the Nanodegree.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @StellaBon ,

About not having the time to finish the Nanodegree, you may reach out to Udacity Support to explain your situation and they may extend your time frame to pass the Nanodegree.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste PINET

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

That’s a good idea, I will try it!