Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Summer Camp Session - Getting Core Certified - Follow-Up Discussion Thread

MelissaR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Summer Camp ADAPT attendees,

As a follow-up discussion to our Getting Core Certified session provided on June 12th, here is a recap of the core concepts covered to prepare for your Designer Core Certification. In this session we covered the exam concepts, scoring and strategy. Remember this is an 80 question, 2-hour timed exam. Register to take your Core certification on the Alteryx Academy Certification page. The exam questions are either 1 point or 3 points in value, and the question types are either True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Selection or Matching.

Here are your best resources to prepare for your Core Certification:

1. Interactive Lessons on the Alteryx Academy – interactive videos, with some questions from the exam

2. Videos and Live Training – 1-hour sessions covering a scheduled topic

3. Weekly Challenges – great way of breaking out of your analytic rut and trying fun use cases to expand your tool palette knowledge

4. Certification page – contains a practice exam, descriptions, Q&A, short videos

5. Tool Mastery – read all about a given tool and its uses. Find the ‘tool mastery index’ on Community and bookmark it!

6. In Designer - Review the One Tool Examples

Feel free to use this thread for any follow-up discussion or questions, I'm here to help! I'm attaching the completed workflow we built in our session.

Good luck getting Core Certified!

Regards,

Melissa

3 REPLIES 3
Maguiness
7 - Meteor

Hi Melissa,

I enjoyed your summer camp session!

I am a beginner preparing to take the Core certification.  I took all 10 summer camp sessions this week.  Are next week's sessions too advanced for me or would they still be beneficial?  Thanks!

MelissaR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Hello,

I think the subsequent sessions would be really beneficial to attend. It will only help with getting Core certified!

Melissa
MelissaR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

I think the subsequent sessions would be really beneficial to attend. It will only help with getting Core certified!

Melissa