ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

Summer Camp Session - Getting Core Certified - Follow-Up Discussion Thread

MelissaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello Summer Camp ADAPT attendees,

As a follow-up discussion to our Getting Core Certified session provided on June 12th, here is a recap of the core concepts covered to prepare for your Designer Core Certification. In this session we covered the exam concepts, scoring and strategy. Remember this is an 80 question, 2-hour timed exam. Register to take your Core certification on the Alteryx Academy Certification page. The exam questions are either 1 point or 3 points in value, and the question types are either True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Selection or Matching.

Here are your best resources to prepare for your Core Certification:

1. Interactive Lessons on the Alteryx Academy – interactive videos, with some questions from the exam

2. Videos and Live Training – 1-hour sessions covering a scheduled topic

3. Weekly Challenges – great way of breaking out of your analytic rut and trying fun use cases to expand your tool palette knowledge

4. Certification page – contains a practice exam, descriptions, Q&A, short videos

5. Tool Mastery – read all about a given tool and its uses. Find the ‘tool mastery index’ on Community and bookmark it!

6. In Designer - Review the One Tool Examples

Feel free to use this thread for any follow-up discussion or questions, I'm here to help! I'm attaching the completed workflow we built in our session.

Good luck getting Core Certified!

Regards,

Melissa

Maguiness
7 - Meteor

Hi Melissa,

I enjoyed your summer camp session!

I am a beginner preparing to take the Core certification.  I took all 10 summer camp sessions this week.  Are next week's sessions too advanced for me or would they still be beneficial?  Thanks!

MelissaR
Alteryx
Alteryx
Hello,

I think the subsequent sessions would be really beneficial to attend. It will only help with getting Core certified!

Melissa
MelissaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

I think the subsequent sessions would be really beneficial to attend. It will only help with getting Core certified!

Melissa