Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

Should I get the newest version of Designer, will it affect my license?

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Hi, A question for Admins,

I was wondering if (as an ADAPT participant) should I download the newer version of Alteryx via the dropdown prompt when I open Designer or keep going with my current version?

I am studying for my Core Cert. and I don't want to cause problems with my license at this juncture. However, I have lost functionality on some of my functions in the Formula tool so I'm wondering if that might be remedied with the newer version. (The PadLeft and PadRight are no longer working). 

Thanks very much for any advice you can offer!

StellaBon

3 REPLIES 3
AliAS2020
8 - Asteroid

Hi @StellaBon 

I already updated to the new designer and it didn't effect my license, since I used the same computer the license was in the new designer license manager ready to go as if I didn't install another version.

But just in case make sure that you have the email Alteryx sent you with the key or copy your key to somewhere safe in case you need to enter and activate it again.

Regards

AliAS

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Good to know it worked fine for you, that sets my mind at ease, thank you!

AliAS2020
8 - Asteroid

No worries, glad I helped