Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

Practice Exercise 1: Filter

jvarelajr
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

There is thunderstorm activity in Fort Lauderdale it's delaying Falcon 9 (60 satellites) launch in Cape Cañaveral. By the way hurricane season might be an active one.

Whilst, I'm having fun with practice exercise 1 Alteryx taught me to think outside the box by applying different workflow models expecting same results/outcome. Similar to hurricane forecasting models such as spaghetti, noodle, or European. Anyways...

When it comes to filter tool (Region contains South) is it better to apply at the beginning or at the end of the workflow? It depends on what else I might use data in the future?

Imagine Dragons; Thunder feel the thunder

1 REPLY 1
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jvarelajr ,

About filters, it is a good thing to remove as early as possible every information you are not using. This will improve the performance of your workflow.

But if you think you may use the data filtered later, you can use a detour. I added an example workflow to let you play with a detour and look at what it is.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste