Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.
SOLVED

License extension request

vitklv
5 - Atom

Is it possible to request an extension for a ADAPT license for Alteryx?  Close to completion and taking of Certification exam but run out of time.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
treepruner
9 - Comet

I am in the same boat. I just got a message that my license expires in 5 days and I was totally caught off guard as I thought I had until the end of August.

I've done 50 challenges and think I am ready to take Core, but I am not sure what to do if I don't pass!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@lharder_AFG , is there anything that can be done here ?

lharder_AFG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for the tag, @Jean-Balteryx 

@vitklv @treepruner send me an e-mail and I can look into it for you.

Lmisenhimer@alteryx.com

Cheers!

vitklv
5 - Atom

Followed up off line.  

thank you

mxledesma
7 - Meteor

I am searching to get my license extended. I ran out of time and done one time on the core exam. 

Michael ledesms

treepruner
9 - Comet

Someone from Alteryx did reach out to me and I am set with a license until the end of the month. I am very grateful.

I took the exam yesterday, the last day of my initial license and got a 76.7%, so I do have to retake the exam after my original license expires.

Word to the wise, take the exam early in the process. I waited until I had a bunch of challenges behind me. While I  gained a lot of product knowledge as a result of the challenges, they didn't really help me answer hyper specific questions on the core tools. For those questions you either have to be really good at finding the specifics in the documentation or prove it out in the software. Both take time and the clock ran out on me. (Never in a million years did I think the browse tool would trip me up...)

Good luck to all my fellow ADAPT members!

mxledesma
7 - Meteor
Thanks for the good input.

How do I reach out to get a temporary license. ?
I took the test once but did not do good. As you mentioned clock ran out on
me.

Michael ledesma
lharder_AFG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all - 

Unfortunately, as a general rule, we are unable to extend current free 3-month licenses past the original date of expiration due to the goal of the first license being to get core certified; which then participants are set to receive the extended 3-month license to use to complete the Udacity Nanodegree (total of 6 months). For more about the duration of the Alteryx license, please check our ADAPT FAQ. 

As a reminder, students, educators, and nonprofits are eligible for a free license through our Alteryx For Good program.

I encourage you to continue to explore Community for additional resources. We wish you the best of luck on your analytics journey! 

jsnd23
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Is it possible to take the core exams without access to the Alteryx Designer software?